I am a fully qualified and experienced therapeutic counsellor, registered member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have an enhanced DBS certificate for working with young people and vulnerable people.
I imagine that if you are reading this, you are facing some difficulties in your life at this present time. We all need a little support when events or circumstances overwhelm us. Don't struggle on your own, together we’ll find a way forward so you can live a fulfilled life.
How I can help - As an experienced and professional counsellor, I can help uncover your strengths and assist you in learning new skills that will allow you to deal with your struggles and the challenges that arise in life.
What I can help with - I work with a wide range of concerns such as:
- Stress, Anxiety / generalised anxiety disorder and Panic attacks
- Anger management
- Depression, feeling sad, Isolation/loneliness and sleep issues
- Major life changes - such as change at work or career, illness, personal loss, bereavement and grief, environmental shifts, menopause, loss of purpose, status or responsibility and challenges that come with relocation.
Work related issues - such as stress, career change, redundancy, conflict, dealing with challenges that come with retirement, burnout, illness and bullying
- Relationship difficulties – romantic, friendships, colleagues, marriage, children.
- Student life - Student life can be challenging and I am experienced in supporting young people with the stress and anxiety of exams and education, relationships, and social media.
- Personal Development – such as feelings of unworthiness, confidence issues, shame for not being like how you imagined yourself, doubting yourself or exploring ways to take better care of yourself and live a happy and fulfilled life
- Culture related issues - Expatriate & Multicultural Counselling
- Infertility – fertility treatment
- Issues relating to parenting
I am aware that every individual comes with their unique complexities and histories so I tailor my approach to your specific needs. My training in numerous different approaches enables me to bring together elements of different theories and ways of working. I will be there to guide you to achieve your aims by providing a personalised approach in supporting you with your emotional wellbeing and personal development.
I use Person-centred approach as a basis of my counselling practice which means I work with integrity, empathy and compassion. I offer a respectful safe space and a warm environment to enable you to feel safe enough to talk freely, openly and in confidence. I will listen without judgment and take your concerns seriously. You'll be invited to pause and reflect on your life to enable you to freely explore your thoughts and feelings and gain a wider perspective on whatever is troubling you now. This also helps you to focus, understand yourself better and see current difficulties with more clarity. My commitment to you is to support and empower you to overcome challenges and achieve your aims.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- I have had training and experience in various modalities which enables me to use various approaches, such as Person-centred approach, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Neuroscience for Effective Clinical Practice and I invite clients to working creatively to aid deeper exploration of their issues.
- Cruse bereavement care is the leading national charity for bereaved people. I have had Cruse training to work with issues relating to bereavement, loss and grief.
- Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People - I have training and experience in counselling children and young people and I hold an enhanced DBS
- Safeguarding Level 3 certificate - This is training that all healthcare staff (including GPs and Registered Nurses) involved in assessing and evaluating safeguarding concerns of children, young people and adults, must have.
- I have regular Continuous Professional Development which helps to keep me up to date in the field of wellbeing.
- Special interests - I have a long-standing interest in neuroscience which informs my practice. I am passionate about about enhancing emotional wellbeing in workplaces and in 2018, I carried out primary research in this area.
My work experience:
- Link is a young people’s counselling service for ages 13 to 25, which is part of the Hillingdon Council's Social Care Directorate's Children and Young People's Services division. I worked here for 2.5years as a counsellor providing 1 to 1 counselling and Mental health workshops for teenagers and young people.
- Anxiety UK - A national registered charity for those affected by anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression. I have undergone Anxiety UK's training and work as an Anxiety UK approved counsellor for adults and young people.
- Signpost - a charity in Hertfordshire which provides counselling, coaching and other support to help young people and families. I provide parent support and coaching, helping to develop a plan to address any challenges they maybe facing, offering tools and guidance. I also work as a counsellor here, providing therapy to children and young people (13-25years of age).
It can feel scary to take the first step to reach out but learning to cope in healthier ways can make doing so more than worthwhile.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I will treat what you share with respect & confidentiality. Simply text, or email to set up an appointment. The first session provides us both with an opportunity to get a sense of each other and allows me to gain some understanding of the issues you are facing and what you hope to gain from counselling.
Further weekly session fees vary from £35 to £65, depending on your personal circumstances. If you are struggling financially, please feel free to ask for concessionary rates. The sooner you get help, the faster you can get back to enjoying life.
To find out more look at my website, https://www.wellness-thinking.com.