Jenny Bell (nee McLintock) PG Dip, BA Honours, Thrive Counselling Cumbernauld
Hi I'm Jenny. I am an experienced integrative counsellor and supervisor. I am available for one to one Counselling in Cumbernauld Town Centre (Carron House,)during Weeknights and Wednesday daytime and evenings and Fridays daytimes. I offer face to face counselling in our Cumbernauld office, or via telephone or Zoom.
You might be thinking about counselling as you are struggling for instance with anxiety, low mood, self-esteem, negative habits or with issues from your past. You may not feel able to talk to those in your life about your issues.
I can offer you a safe, supportive, friendly and confidential space to work together through the issues you may be having.
Counselling can help you to understand yourself better, improve your relationships and to work towards leading a more fulfilling life.
I offer an experienced integrative approach to counselling with over 10 years working and volunteering in the counselling field. I was originally trained in the Person Centred approach to Counselling but I am trained in and incorporate other therapeutic techniques and offer an integrative approach to counselling.
An integrative approach is tailored to your unique needs for therapy as an individual .It can facilitate you to help you to explore your issues, identify solutions or coping strategies for your issues and ultimately to move forward in your life. My aim is to help you towards lasting and maintained change within your life, free you from recurrent issues or patterns within your life, and help you develop the skills to manage life more fully.
For instance I may use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy techniques to help identify and change negative thinking patterns and behaviours and Compassion Focused Therapy which can help you to be kinder to yourself and less self-critical.
I also offer Schema Therapy which is a therapy which can help you to tackle enduring issues and patterns within your life and relationships. It can be very helpful where you have experienced difficulties in childhood for instance with narcissistic parents, abuse or instability in your family.
I am an accredited Alcohol and Drugs Counsellor with over 10 years experience in this area including with alcohol, cocaine and cannabis issues. My specialisms are Addictions, Self-Esteem issues, Stress, Anxiety (including generalised anxiety, Health Anxiety, Panic disorder)and issues relating to difficulties or trauma experienced in childhood. I have extensive experience in working with male clients from aged 17 and onwards.
I also work part time for COSCA (the professional body for counselling in Scotland) supporting counselling training providers towards course validation and trainers and counsellors working towards accreditation.
Please note I do not work with clients under age 17 or couples.
Training, qualifications & experience
Thrive Counselling Cumbernauld- Director-2016 to present.
COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland)-September 2018-to present Development Officer(Individuals and Courses)-Coordinating Counsellor and Counselling Trainer Accreditation systems and supporting counselling course's towards and maintaining COSCA validation.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol- Part Time Alcohol Counsellor 2015-September 2018-Delivering alcohol-drug counselling across Glasgow East End, City Centre and East Dunbartonshire. Supporting trainee counsellors, supervision of trainee counsellors and facilitating training workshops for counsellors.
Volunteer Alcohol Counsellor 2011-2015
COSCA- Recognition Scheme Development Officer- 2015 to April 2017-Coordinating a quality assurance scheme for Counselling Organisations across Scotland.
Welfare Advisor/ Employee Counsellor- East Dunbartonshire Council 2014-2015-Coordinating wellbeing activities and welfare support for employees and offering employee counselling.
The Wynd Counselling Service- Volunteer Counsellor 2013-2016
Glasgow University- Placement Student Counsellor- 2015
Cruse Bereavement Care- Volunteer Counsellor- 2012-2015
Post Graduate Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy (Stirling University) (2015)
BA Psychology Honours First Class- Strathclyde University 2006
- Your Brain loves Yoga-Online Events-2021
- Introduction to Somatic Therapies-Complex Trauma Institute-2021
- Introduction to Working with clients who are stuck-CTI-2021
- Trauma Work During the First Stage of Recovery-CTI-2021
- Applying DBT to the treatment of trauma-Wildflower Counselling-2020
- Yoga and Meditation in therapy- Online events-2020
- The psychological and physiological repercussions of complex trauma: essential information-PESI-2020
- Working with the Impact of Severe Trauma- ACT Counselling- 2020
- Coronavirus considering our responses and responsibilities-Online Events-2020
- How to work with a Clients Emotional Triggers-NICAMB-2020
- Working with OCD-2019
- COSCA Counselling Supervision Certificate-2019
- Rewind Trauma Therapy Certificate-2018
- Schema Therapy-ACT Counselling Services 2017
- Trauma Informed Practice 2017
- Anger Management 2017
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorder 2017
- Drugs Awareness Training 2016
- Mindfulness Foundation Certificate 2015
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Training for Trainers 2015
- Coaching for Counsellors Certificate 2015
- Compassion Focused Therapy Certificate 2015
- SCOTACS Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Toolkit- Centre of Therapy 2012
- Advanced Alcohol Awareness Certificate 2011
- Accredited Alcohol Counsellor (Glasgow Council on Alcohol)
- CBCS Specialist Module in Bereavement and Loss (Cruse/COSCA) 2012
- ASSIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills 2011
- Utilising Relationships to Aid Recovery-GCA-2012
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy-GCA-2012
- COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate 2011
College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists
COSCA is the professional body for counselling and psychotherapy in Scotland, and seeks to advance all forms of counselling and psychotherapy and the use of counselling skills by promoting best practice and through the delivery of a range of sustainable services. COSCA Counsellor Accreditation is a pathway to entry onto the UKRC.
It is a requirement of all individual and organisational members of COSCA to abide by its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice and be accountable to the Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Weekday Evenings, Wednesday daytime/evenings, Friday day times- face to face counselling, Zoom or telephone counselling
Please contact myself either via email or telephone for a free no obligation confidential chat regarding the service or to set up an initial counselling session.
If I am unavailable please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.