Holly Stevenson- (New Day Counselling & Psychotherapy) BSc, PG Dip, MBACP
First of all, I would like to say hello and welcome to my page. For most people the thought of counselling can be quite daunting; not knowing what may happen or what to expect, so I want to say well done for being brave and taking steps towards making a change by having a look at my profile.
I am a Level 7 qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist based in Rochdale, trained in the Person Centred Approach and other methods of counselling. I deliver a professional and ethical service offering support to those in need and have extensive experience of working with individuals to address and overcome a range of issues.
I have over 5 years’ experience working with a wide range of clients including those referred by the NHS, Local Authorities, Private, Public and Voluntary sectors. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), fully adhering to their ethical code of practice. I undertake regular supervision and hold Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Why Choose me?
I believe I am kind, compassionate, empathic and have a genuine care for those I work with in therapy. I offer people a safe space to be able to offload their worries and problems knowing they are cared for in the therapy room. I am passionate about people accessing ‘good therapy’ and the sessions being valuable to everyone who crosses my door.
For me counselling is all about the relationship we will build together. By developing trust in a safe and non-judgemental environment ensures you feel valued and accepted. The sessions are all about you. My role is to facilitate awareness and understanding, allowing you to feel more comfortable with any issues that may be present.
I have worked for several organisations as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist and am currently the Coordinator of a Counselling service for a local charity. This involves managing both student and qualified counsellors who work one to one with service users. Whilst overseeing the delivery of the service I continue to work as a Counsellor, carrying a small caseload of clients with a wide range of individuals, all facing different difficulties. I value my role within the charity as it allows me to provide a much needed service alongside delivering a good experience of therapy for those who may not find it easily accessible.
I have worked with private clients for over 2 years and have recently acquired a relaxing, friendly and comfortable room in a new venue that I am now offering one to one sessions from for private clients.
I have adopted a person centred approach throughout my various job roles over the years and believe the various skills I have developed add to my abilities as a highly effective person centred therapist.
I now work in a pluralistic way offering sessions based on your needs. I have had training in CBT, Expressive Therapies, Solution Focused Therapy and Play Therapy along with other training workshops, short courses and have conducted my own research too. This range of extra training enables me to work with your best interest by using an extensive range of different skills.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training, Qualifications & Experience
Registered Member MBACP: 344116 – Jan 2013 to present
- NVQ Diploma Level 5 in Leadership & Management – Rochdale Training - (18 months)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (PGdip) Level 7 qualified – University of Salford (2 years)
- BSc 2.1 Degree in Counselling & Therapeutic Studies – Salford University (3 years)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma Health & Social Care - Hopwood Hall College (2 years)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- NHS E Person Centred Training- 3-day workshops – NHS England
- Expressive Therapies in Practice- Affordable CPD
- Working with LGBT young people with focus on terminology- The Proud Trust
- Somatic Therapy Workshop and GDPR introduction - Salford University
- Relational Depth in Therapy with Mick Cooper - Affordable CPD
- Expressive Therapies Theoretical workshop - Affordable CPD
- Level 2 in Working with Trans and Gender variant young people - The Proud Trust
- Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming- Gaddum Centre
- Working with Suicidal Behaviour - Gaddum Centre
- Transactional Analysis 101 - (2 day)- UKATA (University of Salford)
- Introduction to Mindfulness - MOSAIC Training & Consultancy
- Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills - CPCAB
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Individual sessions are at a cost of £40 per session and usually last one hour. Full payment will be required if 24 hours’ notice is not given as stated in my cancellation policy.
We will discuss the length of therapy during our first meeting and review throughout to ensure you are happy to continue. I am open to short and long term work and prefer to see people weekly face to face however, I work flexibly and am happy to discuss options for a package that suits you.
Home visits are available for clients living within a 3 mile radius of Rochdale. The cost for these appointments is £50.
All payments can be paid in by cash or bank transfer
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available evenings and weekends
Types of client