Herne Bay Counselling Service
01227 634004 / 07751 280718
Counselling or talking therapy allows you to talk about what is confusing or troubling you in a safe and caring environment. It can help you cope with negative feelings or thoughts you are having and help make sense of what maybe going on for you. We will not judge you or tell you what to do.
Some of the things that counselling can help with are depression, relationship problems, anxiety, anger, bereavement and low self-esteem.
Training, qualifications & experience
All of our counsellors members of the BACP and are either qualified or in their final year of their training.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Photos & videos
- 01/09/18 - Understanding the impact of rape and childhood sexual abuse
- 05/09/18 - Level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
- 06/09/18 - Level 3 certificate in counselling skills
- 28/09/18 - Level 2 award in counselling concepts
- 29/09/18 - Inner child – working at a deeper level and aspects of the male inner child
- 20/10/18 - BACP accreditation workshop
- 17/11/18 - Creative workshop including sand tray
- 08/12/18 - Setting up in private practice
We are a charity and therefore rely on donations to provide our service.
We do ask for a donation towards your sessions that is affordable for you.
Donations can be from £5 per session to £35 per session.
We also have concessions for counselling students.
Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and normally on the same day and at the same time each week.
When you first contact us we will arrange a time to ask you some questions over the phone and then arrange a day and time for you to see a counsellor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am to 7pm Monday to Friday. We do have some weekend appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|