I am trained to deliver support for a wide range of issues; which may include, but are not limited to:
- Child related issues
- Cultural issues
- Identity issues
- Loss and grief
- Men's issues
- Personal development
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self esteem
- Social anxiety
- Sex-related issues
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual identity
- Women's issues
- Work related stress
Throughout life, challenges come up which can make life a real struggle. As a counsellor, it is my intention to do my very best to help in whichever way I can. If you have something troubling you that is not listed, or you are not sure will effectively be helped by therapy, I am always happy to discuss with you openly what I might be able to offer you.
If I do not have a suitable service for you, I can help refer you to an alternate organisation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications & Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (4 year qualification)
- Royal College of Midwives accredited training course - 30 hours in CPD
- Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Member of Stamford Baby Loss Counselling Network (baby loss through to miscarriage and still birth)
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Training: Accredited pregnancy and infant loss specialist
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Training: Accredited specialist in supporting clients with subsequent pregnancies after loss
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Your first 15 minute consultation is free of charge. This gives new clients a chance to ask questions and establish whether they want to book a session. Other fees are as follows;
Individual sessions are £50 for 50 minutes
Book a course of 8 x 50 minute sessions for £350 (payable at the start of course)
Couples sessions are £75 for 50 minutes
In order to get the most out of your therapy, I would advise a course of 8 sessions. This is an effective period to allow clients to fully work through their issues.
All initial enquiries are treated as a high priority and I endeavour to respond to initial enquiries within 24 hours.
Cancellations require 48 hours prior notice.
Every precaution is taken to ensure that sessions present minimal risk to both client and therapist. A safe distance of 2 meters is observed within sessions. In addition, facial masks and hand sanitisers are offered to clients. Sessions can be held remotely via video conferencing if preferred.
- Registered with the ICO to comply with GDPR and Data Privacy regulations
- Fully DBS checked
- Trained in Safeguarding protocols, PREVENT requirements & FGM support and guidance
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance with Towergate Insurance