Felicia Mockett MA Adv. Dip. UKCP BACP
I am a qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and my aim is to offer you a safe and secure environment in which to face the problems that you are struggling with.
Therapy or counselling is a way to give yourself a chance to look at your life, relationships and problems from a new perspective.
By undertaking therapy with me, I aim to help you to look at life issues and find a way to make sense of what is causing you pain.
Our aim together is to enable you to live a more balanced and fulfilled life. Therapy can help you to find your own inner resources and solutions to your underlying life issues, or simply to achieve acceptance of life events which you cannot change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I had a commercial working life prior to retraining as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist, and understand the demands of coping with working, family life and the disappointments and sadnesses that we may all encounter through failure or bereavement or fear.
- I have a particular interest in working with young adults and those facing midlife crises.
- I have an Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy from Regents University and a Masters degree from Regents College in Psychotherapy and Counselling. I am a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and abide by their ethical guidelines and a member of the BACP.
- I offer both short term and long term work, from as few as one session a week for 6 sessions or an open ended way, where sessions can extend to meeting regularly over many months.
- I work in an integrative framework, which means that I draw on a number of therapeutic approaches including CBT.
- I have worked for Cruse Bereavement Charity, MIND Mental Health Charity and The Recovery Centre as well as at a London University counselling department.
I have worked in the following areas:
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self Esteem
- Pregnancy and Birth
- Relationship Issues
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Crisis
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- I charge between £80-£120 per session of 50 minutes duration.