Dawnie Browne - Counselling, Reiki & Breathing for Adults & Young People
Breathe 4 Well Being Consultancy
If you are seeking a happier, healthier, more resilient life, I can help you. Breathe4wellbeing is my County Durham based consultancy supporting the mind-body health of adults and young people (11+) through counselling, Breath Perception® (relaxation-resilience therapy), reiki and tailored self-care.
Here, you can find:
- peace of mind
- happier relationships
- self-esteem & the confidence to be yourself
- the ability to relax & manage stress & anxiety
- freedom from troubles related to your past, present & future
- techniques to enhance concentration, presence & performance
- methods to cope with anger, pain & powerful feelings
- the resilience to live to your potential
My aim is to help you live to your potential by overcoming difficulties and harnessing the resources within you, through which to support your own resilience and quality of life. I work in a manner that honours the relationship between your mental, emotional physical and spiritual well being.
Click on the link next to my photo to visit my website and find out how I can assist you or your child (11+). On the home page of my site you can join a community of people growing together through self-care.
If you are unsure of what you are looking for please get in touch and I will happily assist you. Feeling apprehensive is a natural part of seeking a counsellor you can trust. I will respond to you with kindness and genuine care. I have prepared the video below so you can get to know me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Improve Your Quality of Life by learning Breath Perception®
What Is Breath Perception?
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
- BA Honours Degree in Human Communication & Communication Disorders
- Primary School Teacher Training
- Children's Counselling Training through the charity The Place 2Be
- Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology (Trauma, Stress & Anxiety)
- Reiki I, II & Master (Qualified teacher)
- Diploma in Yoga Practice
- Training in Advanced Yoga Practice
I have gained substantial experience working with adults and young people in the following settings:
- for the respected local charity Sunderland Counselling Services
- within an Educational Psychology service
- within FE colleges
- for the national children's charity, The Place 2Be
I have also worked in New York and FE colleges as a learning and well being coach, supporting self-esteem, concentration, goal setting, self-awareness and self-care, preparation for presentations and interviews, running relaxation and meditation groups for concentration, stress management & decision making.
Combining awareness of the breath, body and brain I have supported clients to manage strong feelings such as anger and understand that the energy of anger can be used positively and creatively.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Where appropriate to your wish and need I offer the following treatments which can be integrated within sessions:
- Breath Perception® (a powerful method of consciously relaxing yourself, strengthening resilience & improving your quality of life)
Photos & videos
Payment is to be made in advance by cash or online transfer. If you cancel a session with 24+ hours notice you will receive a refund or be able to transfer your payment to cover your next session. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice you will incur the full fee.
£45/50 per (60 min) counselling session
£45 per (60 min) Reiki session
£75 per (90 min) Counselling and Reiki session combined
I work daytimes and evenings. For information re. my availability please get in touch.
If you have questions about any aspect of payment, please ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays until 8pm. I provide breathing workshops and reiki courses at weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|