Claire Kerby BA (Hons), Post grad Dip Counselling, MBACP
We're all flawed in some ways, including myself, and we may find life really difficult at times.
We may have been bereaved, recently or many years ago. We may be grieving a parent, friend, or unborn child. We may have suffered other types of loss: loss of job and income, maybe our home, our friends, relationship, country, our sense of identity: possibly all of these, and maybe in a short space of time.
Either in the past or now, we may suffer from loneliness, anxiety, depression, or an underlying and maybe inexplicable sadness. We may eat too much, drink too much, or damage ourselves in other ways (and know it!).
We could all benefit from talking to someone who will show empathy and compassion, understanding and kindness, and will listen, listen some more, and help us find our way to a positive solution which will be unique to us, our flaws and our experiences.
I would find it a privilege to help you on this journey. We will explore your issues with kindness and compassion, and together seek ways of reaching an endpoint where you have the confidence to continue on your own.
If you find it difficult to talk that's fine (and natural), and if you find it difficult to even pick up the phone that's fine too ... maybe you could text or email instead.
It takes courage to set out on this journey, but I promise to be alongside you every step of the way, not budging until you want me too and making sure that everything is kept strictly confidential so that you feel safe. It will also be strictly ethical, in adherence with BACP guidelines and underpinned by insurance and my own supervision.
Take that final step and send me a text or call on 07971 816541. I really look forward to hearing from you.nn
Training, qualifications & experience
- Key counselling training: post graduate diploma in Counselling from University of Bristol 2012, (an integrative course) which included additional training in areas such as Systems, Gestalt, Psychodynamics, and CBT
- Cruse Bereavement Care ABC course
- Volunteer Cruse Bereavement counsellor
- Breathworks Mindfulness training (first stage)
- BA (Hons) from Kings College London
- AKC (Associate of Kings College)
- Post graduate diploma in business and management studies (Bristol Polytechnic, as it was then!)
- MBACP (Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Member of the Private Practice Group within the BACP
- AMMRS (Associate member of the Market Research Society)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anxiety, panic and depression, but also LOSS eg loss of job, status, financial status, home, country, partner/friend, family, relationship issues
Photos & videos
An initial 30 minute phone conversation is suggested for which no charge is made
After this, my standard charge is £35 per 50 minute session. Some discounted rates are available according to need.
I came to counselling and Mindfulness practice after a 30 year career in market research which involved conducting literally thousands of focus groups and face to face interviews finding out what people wanted, and how they felt about everything from shaving to mobile phones and beer, schools and the education system.
The best thing about these 30 years was having the privilege to enter people's lives and have extended face to face conversations with them. As well learning a huge amount about their lives, it gave me strong listening skills and an easy approachability which I believe serve me well in the counselling room.
I have not yet talked to thousands of counselling clients, (and nor will I ever talk to this many!) but I hope that for those to whom I do speak, our conversations will result in their lives being truly enhanced in some way - in ways that really count.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime (including early morning) and evening sessions all possible. Call to discuss availability and location. Happy to come to individual's homes
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|