Anita Dunford. Counsellor. BSc Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy. MBACP
Hi, I'm Anita, I am a fully qualified, experienced, counsellor and psychotherapist.
My aim is to provide a safe, non-judgemental, confidential environment from where you can talk about anything you want, however difficult. I will listen carefully and non- judgementally, with respect in complete confidence.
All of us experience difficult times in our lives. It maybe that you are struggling with a specific issue such as relationship or family issues. Maybe you are considering separation or divorce and need to talk through the difficulties. Or are experiencing grief due to bereavement and need someone to talk to but worry about burdening your family or friends.
Perhaps you need support to develop better ways of coping in times of stress, or explore your own ways of behaving and relating with other people. It maybe that you are feeling a sense of emptiness and fulfilment, or feel depressed, anxious or looking for clearer direction and life meaning. Sometimes we don’t understand why we feel the way we do, why we think the way we do, and why we behave the way we do.
Working with me
I provide both short and long-term counselling, working over a few weeks or several months, depending on your individual needs and wishes. Nothing is set in stone and I offer regular reviews to ensure that I am meeting your individual needs.
I have trained in the Relational Approach which is underpinned by the Person Centred Approach and incorporates Existential, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) models. Different models help different people as we are all unique. Therefore, the therapy I provide is tailored to your needs, aims and concerns.
Whatever your reasons, counselling can help provide the opportunity to explore, make sense of, and work through difficult and painful processes which can help us live a happier more fulfilling life. Please feel free to contact me for an informal chat or for further information take a look at my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified, experienced, counsellor and psychotherapist. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I provide a high level of professional competence and care.
I have extensive experience of working with many issues including loss and grief, bereavement, suicide, low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, suicide, self harm and relationship issues. I also have 20 years experience of working in the voluntary sector, including nine years experience as a volunteer at ChildLine and two years as a counsellor at Bradford Bereavement Support.
Additionally, I have considerable experience of the corporate world, prior to qualifying as a counsellor. This experience has enabled me to understand the pressures faced by individuals working in a highly demanding work environment and the impact this has on other relationships and our work and life balance.
- Fully Qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling, BACP Accredited Course
- HE Diploma Therapeutic Counselling and Psychotherapy, BACP Accredited
- Specialist Training in Bereavement, Trauma, Suicide and Dealing with Loss
- Training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Model (CBT)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Leeds Metropolitan University
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Current Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS)
Further Training and Continuing Professional Development Training Including
- PODS CDP Training in Trauma, Dissociation and Sexual Abuse
- Certificate in Bereavement, Grief and Loss
- Certificate in Working with Clients With Suicidal Thoughts
- Certificate in Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Certificate in Working with Defence Mechanisms In Grief
- Certificate in Working with LGBT Clients Who Are Grieving
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
- My session fees are £45 for Individuals and £55 for couples.
My practice is located in discreet offices in Ilkley, which are located a few minutes walk from the train and bus station and a few minutes walk from Booth's supermarket.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday 9am - 6:30pm.
Friday 1:30pm - 5pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|