As a counsellor my belief is that we all have within us, the ability to heal ourselves. It is my role as a therapist to help facilitate your own healing process and to provide you with tools and strategies to continue that process outside of therapy.
I specialise in working with attachment and loss which affect us all in so many different ways: relationships, family, parenting, anxiety, stress, personal and work challenges. depression and trauma, with significant and often debilitating consequences which make it difficult for us to make sense of things or to move forward in our lives.
I'm a fully insured registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and as such I abide by their ethical framework. I am also a registered Attachment Lead and Thrive and Family Thrive practitioner and have been working with adults, children and families to support their emotional mental health and well being for the last 10 years.
What you can expect from me?
I am passionate about my work, I love helping people to explore their challenges and empower them to find new solutions in order to live more fulfilling lives. You will find me approachable, open-minded and non-judgemental. I have the utmost respect for your individuality and life circumstances. I have an equal working partnership with my clients and will help you to explore and develop different perspectives, make sense of your problems and achieve the outcomes you’re striving for.
My style of counselling is warm, informal and professional and includes being person-centred so I adjust my practice according to what you need, providing a safe, confidential, supportive and empathetic service.
Free no obligation assessment session
I offer a free no obligation initial consultation where we can get to know each other, discuss the challenges that bring you to therapy, and you can get an idea of whether I would be a good fit for you. Its really important for counselling to be effective that you feel comfortable and at ease with your counsellor.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Trauma and Mental Health.
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling skills & Theory.
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Sills & Theory.
- Online & Telephone Counsellin
- Transactional Analysis.
- Internal Family Systems Therapy.
- Working creatively online.
- Registered Attachment lead Training.
- Bereavement & Loss
- Domestic Abuse & Coercive Control
- Recognising & Supporting Parental Conflict modules1,2,3,4.
- Treating Complex Trauma with IFS.
- Healing Early Attachment Wounds
- Trauma: Practical Mind Body strategies to heal trauma & Foster Resilience.
- Attachment trauma: effective treatment strategies for relational repair
- The psychological and physiological repercussions of complex trauma.
- THRIVE Practitioners 10-day intensive course.
- Working competently with child & adolescent mental health.
- Supporting Children & bereaved Young People.
- Fear and Anger in Children & Young People
- Stress and anxiety in children & Young People
- Cultivating Healthy minds & Mindfulness.
- Polyvagal Theory in practice.
- Calming the anxious brain
- Expressive arts therapy
- Working creatively with Aspects of Self.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Behaviour management for children.
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Free initial 30 minute telephone or online consultation.
£45 per hour long session face to face.
£40 per hour long session online or telephone.
Day time, evening and weekend appointments available.
Face to face in Brixham and Torquay ( covid restrictions in place) online and telephone.
Flexible daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
BACP registered member 384061
Registered with The Information Commissioners Office for GDPR security when working online.