Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
30 years of working with clients therapeutically has taught me that change is possible and each of us can reach more satisfaction in life, which many of my clients have confirmed. The 1st consultation is free of charge. Engaging you actively in the counselling through mixed art medias, bodywork and mindfulness technics such as meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualisation is more effective and can be agreed to.
I offer individual, process-driven relationship counselling, adolescent & children, group counselling/training and supervision for counselling professionals. I am available long term or short term, in a blended way: face to face and online or phone/online. I provide humanistic person-centred counselling, existentialistic Gestalt therapy, person-centred expressive arts therapy, mindfulness, yoga and embodied therapy. I can integrate CBT skills, where it is helpful for clients.
My experience includes distressed clients; who had diverse or multiple issues, inner child and self compassionate work, self-development, trauma and crises, bereavement and loss, depression, anger, anxiety and panic disorder, disability, cancer, eating, weight and energy problems, stress and redundancy, family issues, relationship problems, retirement, work place conflict.
I am multilingual and counsel in - English, German, Dutch. The first session is free in order to provide you and myself the opportunity to establish if what I can offer will support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Couple Counselling Training, Cosort, online 2021-2022
- Certificate in Therapeutic Groupwork, Shrewsbury, 2019
- Kundalini Yoga Teaching certificate, Level 2, 2019 till present
- Kundalini Yoga Teaching certificate, Level 1, 2017-2018, York
- Person-centred Expressive Art Groupwork, PCEAG; 2015; Kendal
- Person-centred Expressive Art therapy (PCEAT), 2012; Kendal
- Level 3 Supervision, 2012, Ludlow
- Child Bereavement Counselling, 2011, Shrewsbury
- Level 4 Diploma in Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling, 2005-2010, Walford and North-Shropshire College
- Bereavement Counselling Training 2006-2007, Shrewsbury
- Certificates in Mindfulness technics; Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu, Tai Chi, Relaxation, Healing and Visualisation from 1990-2006, in NL/SW/BE
- Certificate in Embodied Gestalt Therapy and Gestalt-Mythology, Gestalt-Dream work and Expressive Arts in Gestalt, 1989-1991, The Netherlands
- Degree in Expressive Modern Dance, NL/Amsterdam 1984 till 1988
- Counsellor for Young People in Chester School, February 2021 till present
- Supervisor for Axis 2017 till present
- Supervisor and Trainer for Crane Quality Counselling 3/2020 - October 2022
- Trainer for Professionals in Bereavement and Meditation/Mindfulness
- Kundalini yoga teacher since 2017 till present
- Trainer & facilitator for Meditation, Mindfulness and Expressive Art, 2015
- Supervisor in private practice 2012 till present
- NHS- Counselling in GP practice in North-Shropshire 2009-2011
- Counsellor & Supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Shropshire 2007 - 2022
- Teaching Assistant, Thomas Adams school 2007-2012
- Private Practice in Wem, Shrewsbury & Oswestry, UK, 2006 till present
- Therapeutic Private Practice in The Netherlands, 1992-2005
- Expressive Dance Teacher and Performer 1988-2010
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
anxiety & panic disorder
stress and insomnia/sleeping problems phobias
depression anger issues
inner child work, childhood trauma difficulties in workplace developing self-compassion
freeing up tension in mind and body, deep relaxation relief of breathing difficulties
pain management through meditation and awareness
physical and emotional wellbeing
difficulties in workplace
negative self-image and negative body-image lack of self-esteem and self-confidence
£70.00 - £105.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
A free initial introduction consultation: If you would like to know more about how I would work with you then ask for a free consultation by sending an email or text to 07909960412. Free consultations will be offered on Phone, teams or zoom depending on availability and within 1-7 days.
- All fees are depending on financial possibilities/ income and will be agreed in the first consultation.
- between £ 70 - £105 for counselling therapy session / 55 minutes
- between £ 75 - £105 couple counselling / 60-75 minutes
- between £ 75 - £ 105 supervision per 90 minutes
- Group supervision fees are depending on the group size and duration.
- Fees are payable by bank transfer before the session.
- Clients with low income (also benefits or students) can negotiate a reduced fee.
Venues: all venues are offering a safe and confidential environment for counselling, meditation and individual body work/yoga:
- Shrewsbury, No availability at the moment
- Chester Clinic of Complement Medicine, 68 Heath Road, Chester, Upton, CH3 1HX. Car parking in front of entrance.
- Public transport or parking is close by.
- Arrange a free consultation by sending an email or text to 07909960412.
- Free consultations are on Phone, teams or zoom within 1-7 days depending on availability.
When I work
Evening appointments are available between 5pm and 7pm mainly online.
Sometimes we have to face life changes we cannot understand, adjust to, cope with or which frighten us. At these times it can be a great relief to talk to someone who knows how to support you professionally, knows how to keep you safe and helps you through listening and not-judging.
I believe we are carrying the resources within us to allow change to happen. Life is a journey where change is inevitable- if we resist change through our set attitudes or belief system and feelings it creates more pain and suffering, but with a helping hand we can change and learn to cope with new circumstances, ideas and beliefs.
I learned to trust this process of change as I have done this journey many times in my life and I have been alongside many clients supporting them to go through a transition to help find their own solutions through the use of therapeutic interventions.
My special interest is helping clients to come in contact with themself through working creatively with clients. I developed a deep understanding of cultural differences and ethical diversity having lived many years in different countries. I offer a non-judgemental, empathic and safe space for everyone who needs a helping hand to embrace life or start anew and struggles with it.