Ute Dorner MBACP, PG Cert Supervision, Exp.Art Therapy & Group Work
30 years of working with clients therapeutically has taught me that change is possible and each of us can reach more fullfillment in life, which many of my clients have confirmed. The 1st consultation is free of charge. Engaging you actively in the counselling through mixed art medias, bodywork and mindfullness technics such as meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualisation is more effective and can be agreed to.
I offer individual, process-driven relationship counselling, adolecent and children, group counselling/training and supervision for counselling professionals. I am available long term or short term, face to face, phone and skype counselling. I provide humanistic person-centred counselling, existentialistic Gestalt therapy, person-centred expressive arts therapy, mindfulness, yoga and embodied therapy. I can integrate CBT skills, where it is helpful for clients.
My experience includes distressed clients; who had diverse or multiple issues, inner child and self compassionate work, self-development, trauma and crises, bereavement and loss, depression, anger, anxiety and panic disorder, disability, cancer, eating, weight and energy problems, stress and redundancy, family issues, relationship problems, retirement, work place conflict.
I am multilingual and counsel in - English, German, Dutch. The first session is free in order to provide you and myself the opportunity to establish if what I can offer will support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in therapeutic Groupwork, Shrewsbury, 2019
- Kundalini Yoga teaching certificate, Level 2, 2019 till present
- Kundalini yoga teaching certificate, Level 1, 2017-2018, York
- Person-centred Expressive Art Groupwork, PCEAG; 2015; Kendal
- Person-centred Expressive Art therapy (PCEAT), 2012; Kendal
- Level 3 Supervision, 2012, Ludlow
- Child Bereavement Counselling, 2011, Shrewsbury
- Level 4 Diploma in Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling, 2005-2010, Walford and North-Shropshire College
- Bereavement Counselling Training 2006-2007, Shrewsbury
- Certificates in Mindfulness technics; Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu, Tai Chi, Relaxation, Healing and Visualisation from 1990-2006, in NL/SW/BE
- Certificate in Embodied Gestalt Therapy and Gestalt-Mythology, Gestalt-Dream work and Expressive Arts in Gestalt, 1989-1991, The Netherlands
- Training for Professionals in Bereavement and Meditation/Mindfulness
- Kundalini yoga teacher since 2017
- Training and group facilitator for Meditation, Mindfulness and Expressive Art, 2015
- Supervision in private practice and charity 2012 till present
- NHS- Counselling in GP practice in North-Shropshire 2009-2011
- Cruse Bereavement in Shropshire since 2007 till present
- Teaching assistent, Thomas Adams school 2007-2012
- Private Practice in Wem, Shrewsbury and Oswestry, Uk, 2006 till present
- Therapeutic Private Practice in The Netherlands, 1992-2005
- Expressive Dance Teacher and performer 1988-2010
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
anxiety & panic disorder
stress and insomnia/sleeping problems phobias
depression anger issues
inner child work, childhood trauma difficulties in workplace developing self-compassion
freeing up tension in mind and body, deep relaxation relief of breathing difficulties
pain management through meditation and awareness
physical and emotional wellbeing
difficulties in workplace
negative self-image and negative body-image lack of self-esteem and self-confidence
Photos & videos
A free initial introduction consultation: If you would like to know more about how I would work with you then ask for a free consultation by sending an email or text to 07909960412. Free consultations will be offered on Phone, Skype or face to face depending on availability and within 1-7 days.
- All fees are depending on income and will be agreed in the first consulatation.
- between £ 45 - £ 60 for counselling therapy session / 50-60 minutes
- between £ 50 - £ 75 couple counselling / 60-75 minutes
- between £ 45 - £ 60 supervision per 1 1/2 hour
- Group supervision fees are depending on the group size and duration.
- Fees are payable by cash or cheque, or bank transfer before the session.
- Clients with low income (benefits or students) can negotiate a reduced fee.
Venues: all venues are offering a safe and confidential environment for counselling, meditation and individual body work/yoga:
- Oswestry, town centre- Memorial Hall, Smithfield Street, SY11 2EG, Shropshire.
- Shrewsbury, town centre- Roy Fletcher Centre, 12-15 Cross Hill, Shropshire.
- Chester Clinic of Complement Medicine, 68 Heath Road, Chester, Upton, CH3 1HX. Sessions can be arranged directly at reception 01244 390411. Car parking infront of entrance.
- Public transport or parking is close by.
- Arrange a free consultation by sending an email or text to 07909960412.
- Free consultations are on Phone, Skype or face to face within 1-7 days depending on availability.
Sometimes we have to face life changes we cannot understand, adjust to, cope with or which frighten us. At these times it can be a great relief to talk to someone who knows how to support you professionally, knows how to keep you safe and helps you through listening and not-judging.
I believe we are carrying the resources within us to allow change to happen. Life is a journey where change is inevitable- if we resist change through our set attitudes or belief system and feelings it creates more pain and suffering, but with a helping hand we can change and learn to cope with new circumstances, ideas and beliefs.
I learned to trust this process of change as I have done this journey many times in my life and I have been alongside many clients supporting them to go through a transition to help find their own solutions through the use of therapeutic interventions.
My special interest is helping clients to come in contact with themself through working creatively with clients. I developed a deep understanding of cultural differences and ethical diversity having lived many years in different countries. I offer a non-judgemental, empathic and safe space for everyone who needs a helping hand to embrace life or start anew and struggles with it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German and Dutch|
All premisses have public transport, parking nearby and drop-off possibilities.
Shrewsbury - Mo & Wed day/ evening Chester - Tue & Thur day/ early evening Oswestry - Mo till Thur day/ evening Sessions between 2:15 - 4:30pm are/ reduced with 10% if available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I always enjoyed my own supervision and I love to supervise since 2012 other counselling professionals or trainees.