Ute Dorner MBACP, PG Cert Supervision, Exp.Art Therapy & Group Work
07909960412 / 07909960412
I have worked 30 years with clients therapeutically; one to one, relationship couple counselling, adolecent and children. I believe that change is possible and each of us can reach more fullfillment in life which many of my clients have confirmed. The 1st introductory session is free of charge to see if/how we could work together effectively.
Research has shown that counselling which engages the client actively is more effectieve. If my clients wish we can incooperate mixed art medias, bodywork and mindfullness technics such as meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualisation to help combat stress, anxiety and depression.
I provide humanistic person-centred counselling, existentialistic Gestalt therapy, person-centred expressive arts therapy, mindfulness, yoga and embodied therapy. I can incooperate CBT skills, where it is helpful for clients.
I provide individual counselling, process-driven couple work, group training and supervision for counselling professionals. I offer long term or short term, face to face, phone and skype counselling.
My experience includes distressed clients; who had diverse or multiple issues such as inner child work, self-development, trauma and crises, bereavement and loss, depression, anger issues, anxiety and panic disorder, disability, cancer, eating and energy problems, stress and redundancy, family issues, relationship problems, retirement, work place conflict.
I offer counselling in 3 languages - English, German, Dutch. The first session is free in order to provide you and myself the opportunity to establish if what I can offer will help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Kundalini Yoga teacher certificate, 2017-2018, York
- Person-centred Expressive Art Groupwork, PCEAG; 2015; Kendal
- Person-centred Expressive Art therapy (PCEAT), 2012; Kendal
- Level 3 Supervision, 2012, Ludlow
- Child Bereavement Counselling, 2011, Shrewsbury
- Level 4 Diploma in Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Counselling, 2005-2010, Walford and North-Shropshire College
- Bereavement Counselling Training 2006-2007, Shrewsbury
- Certificates in Mindfulness technics; Yoga, Meditation, Shiatsu, Tai Chi, Relaxation, Healing and Visualisation from 1990-2006, in NL/SW/BE
- Certificate in Embodied Gestalt Therapy and Gestalt-Mythology, Gestalt-Dream work and Expressive Arts in Gestalt, 1989-1991, The Netherlands
- Kundalini yoga teacher since 2017
- Trainer and group facilitator for Mindfulness and Expressive Art
- Supervision in private practice and charity 2012 till present
- Therapeutic Private Practice in The Netherlands, 1992-2005, England 2007 till present
- NHS- Counselling in GP practice in North-Shropshire 2009-2011
- Cruse Bereavement in Shropshire since 2007 till present
- Teaching assistent, Thomas Adams school 2007-2012
- Expressive Dance Teacher and performer 1988-2010
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
anxiety &panic disorder
stress related symptoms:
tension in mind and body
physical and emotional wellbeing
difficulties in workplace
difficult past experiences
lack of self-esteem and self-confidence
Photos & videos
- free introduction session
- All fees are depending on income and negotiable in the first session
- £ 45 - £ 60 for counselling therapy session / 50-60 minutes
- £ 50 - £ 75 couple counselling / 60-75 minutes
- £ 45 - £ 65 supervision per hour
- Group supervision fees depend on the size of the group and hours.
- Fees are payable by cash or cheque (bank card) on the start of the session, or via bank transfer or mobile banking before the session.
- For clients with low income (benefits and students) there are a couple of places with negotiated reduced fee.
If you would like to know more about me and my counselling practice send an email, or if you want to book an appointment you can text or phone me on 07909960412. I am happy to answer any questions you have.
Venues for day time appointments:
- I see also clients in Oswestry; the venue is in the town centre and affordable (50p for 1 hour) parking facilities are next to the building. The counselling rooms are on the 1st floor and accessible for disabled clients via the lift!
- I see clients in Shrewsbury in the town centre at the Roy Fletcher Centre.
- I am now also available for counselling sessions in Chester/Upton, Chester Clinic, parking directly infront of the clinic.
Venues for evening appointments:
There are appointments available in Oswestry, Chester and in Shrewsbury
Sometimes face life changes we cannot understand, adjust to, cope with or which frighten us. At these times it can be a great relief to talk with someone who knows how to support professionally, and knows how to help through listening and not judging.
After 30 years of practising various forms of counselling/therapy I believe we are carrying the resources within to allow change to happen. Life is a journey where change is inevitable- we can try to resist it which creates more pain and suffereing or with a helping hand we can learn to cope with new circumstances, ideas and beliefs.
I learned to trust this process of change as I have done this journey many times in my life and I have been alongside many clients supporting them to go through a transition to help find their own solutions through the use of therapeutic interventions.
My special interest is helping clients to come in contact with unresolved emotions, self-development and inner childwork through working creatively with clients. I developed a deep understanding of cultural differences and ethical diversity having spent many years in different countries. I offer a non-judgemental, empathic and safe space for everyone who needs a helping hand to embrace life or start anew and struggles with it.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||German and Dutch|
Shrewsbury - Monday & Wednesday, Chester - Thursday Oswestry - Monday till Thursday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|