Suzy Carter BA (Hons), Adv. Dip. Counselling, PG Dip (Trauma), MBACP
01730 892774 / 07582 266029
I am an experienced, BACP registered psychotherapeutic counsellor.
I work privately, with a range of issues and also with two third sector organisations, supporting carers and the bereaved.
My clients are of all ages, from 12 years upwards and I would welcome your enquiry, whoever you are and whatever your background.
I have experience of working with a wide variety of issues, for example: anxiety, depression, relationship problems, abuse, trauma, coping with illness and the pressures of caring, bereavement and loss.
A short introductory session may help us to decide if we would like to work together.
Anything you say would be treated with the utmost confidentiality and respect.
As a humanistic and integrative counsellor, my work is underpinned by Person-Centred theory so our sessions would take the direction that you choose. I would work alongside you to create a compassionate, honest, non-judgemental and professional relationship in which to explore your concerns and to support your process of self-discovery and change.
I will sometimes use more creative methods, if they seem to be relevant and potentially helpful and I always approach each client individually and as holistically as possible.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call me or email me through the form on this website.
Thank you for your interest - I look forward to hearing from you,
With Warm Regards,
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG Diploma in Contemporary Trauma Practice - Relational Change/Miriam Taylor
- BA(Hons) Humanistic/Integrative Counselling, 1st – Middlesex University/Peter Symonds College
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – Alton College
- Foundations of Analytical Psychology - Society of Analytical Psychologists
- NCFE Level 3 Counselling Skills and Theory – Alton College
- NCFE Level 2 Counselling Skills – Alton College
- NCFE Level 2 Mental Health Awareness – Eastleigh College
- Certificate: Attachment - Sir Richard Bowlby/HACP
- Certificate: Emotional Anatomy (trauma) - Tony Buckley
- Certificate: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction - The Rowans Hospice/Phil Russell
- Certificate: Empathy for Self and Others – Russell Kendell and John Threadgol
- Certificate: Bereavement and Loss in Adults and Children – The Bereavement Counselling Charity
- Certificate: Onsite Intervention Work in the Aftermath of a Traumatic Incident - Jonathon Lake
- Certificate: Mental Health and Safeguarding - Radian
- Certificate: Emergency First Aid at Work - British Red Cross
- Certificate: Level 3 Child Protection Training - NHS
- Workshop: Working with Sand Trays - The Bereavement Counseling Charity
- Workshop: Deep Play and Deep Drama - Dr Sue Jennings/HACP
These trainings have included:
- Trauma therapy
- Person-Centred therapy
- Gestalt and existential therapy
- Transactional analysis
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Creative approaches
- Working with couples and young people
- Working with addictions
- Human psychological development
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and also belong to the HACP (Hampshire Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
As well as seeing clients privately, I work with two local organisations – The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire and The Bereavement Counselling Charity. I hold current enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) certificates for both of these organisations.
Previously, I worked with the tenant's counselling service provided by Radian (a social housing provider). This work was often with young people from disruptive backgrounds, establishing themselves in their first homes and jobs.
My first career was as a clinical physiologist, specialising in cardiology. I re-trained as a counsellor after raising my family.
I am also a qualified reflexologist and passionate about holistic practice and the mind-body connection.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£50 per session for individuals
£40 per session for student counsellors
Counselling sessions are 50 min long and usually take place weekly, for a mutually agreed period.
A short introductory session may help us to decide if we would like to work together. There would be no charge for this meeting.
I undertake regular supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines.
I regularly attend continuing professional development (CPD) conferences, courses and workshops each year, to update and develop my skills.
I have full professional indemnity insurance.
My consultation room provides a quiet, comfortable and private environment.
There is on-site parking.
Evening appointments are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Enquiries: 9.30am - 8pm, Mon to Fri and Sat until 1pm. Appts: Tues - Thurs:11.00am - 8pm. I may not answer immediately if working but do leave a message or email or text. I will reply asap.
Types of client