Hello, my name is Sarah. I trained to be a counsellor because I wanted to help others as I myself had been helped. I understand from my own personal experience what a big step it is to make the decision to start therapy as well as the importance in finding a counsellor who you can easily talk to and feel relaxed with.
I will work with you collaboratively, walking by your side - a sharing of your journey whilst offering a confidential, safe and supportive environment where you feel comfortable and can openly express and explore your feelings. I value honesty and respect and the importance of trust in the relationship.
Offering empathy and warmth I will listen without judgement. I aim to help you increase your understanding of yourself enabling you to gain a deeper insight into your problems.
Support you and respect your views
Put you at the heart of the work
Listen to the way you feel and how this affects you and others
Accept the way you are without judging
Help you to make the changes you would like to happen
Understand that it is not always easy to talk about problems and express feelings
I am passionate about the work that I do and enjoy seeing the positive differences that counselling can make helping people towards a happier life. I believe finding your own answers on a journey of self-discovery can be both empowering and life changing.
I am a qualified counsellor and work from a Person-Centred approach. I have over 30 years experience working in caring professions with children, young people and adults. Dependent upon your individual needs and preferences I offer short (a few targeted sessions) or longer term therapy.
My counselling practice is based a few miles from Market Harborough in the beautiful and peaceful Langton's. I offer face to face counselling (working from my garden counselling room overlooking the countryside), online (Skype/Zoom) or telephone.
If you have any questions or you would like to make an appointment please get in touch whichever way is preferable - message me, phone call or text. If I am unable to answer your call immediately leave me a voicemail and I will get back to you as soon as I can. I endeavor to reply to all messages as soon as possible within 48 hours. Messages left over the weekend I will come back to you as soon as I can on Monday Morning.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (January 2015)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2012)
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2011)
I have completed many personal and professional development training courses and am happy to provide further details on request
- ‘Breaking the medical model’ (Pete Saunders)
- Level 2 Award in ‘Emergency First Aid at work’ (QCF) (SCVYS)
- ‘Safeguarding Children’ (SCVYS) (Safeguarding e-Academy)
- ‘Equine Assisted Learning’ (TCS)
- ‘Working with children and young people’ (Mind-Ed Programme/CHOICES)
- ‘Creative Solution Focused Brief Therapy Workshop’ (Haywood Counselling Centre)
- ‘Thought Field Therapy’ (Haywood Counselling Centre)
- ‘Single Session Integrated CBT’ (Windy Dryden)
- EAGALA ‘Equine Assisted Experiential Learning and Psychotherapy’ (TCS)
- 'Working with children and young people: Self harm, eating disorders and supporting the LGBT community' (BACP)
- ‘Working with children in their world’ (BACP)
- ‘Introduction to focusing’ (Liz Orrell)
- 'How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer' (The Open University and BACP)
- 'Irvin Yalom and the art of psychotherapy' (BACP)
- Dr. Bessel van der Kolk ‘The Body Keeps the Score’ (BACP)
- Canon David Wilbraham ‘The role of spiritual support following trauma’ (BACP)
- Dodie Gravees 'Talking with bereaved people' (BACP)
- Ron Siegel 'Managing chronic anxiety with mindfulness' (BACP)
- Dr Gabor Maté 'The Wisdom of Trauma'
I have completed all the Core Competencies framework required for Children and Young People Mind-Ed programme.
I presently work as a counsellor at Mind, the mental health charity, as well as in private practice. I have many years experience of one to one counselling with adults, young people and children. I have worked as a school counsellor in infant, junior and secondary schools. I have counselled carers within their homes as well as working with children, adults, families and groups in equine assisted therapy.
I have experience of working with many different issues including depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, relationship issues, health issues, trauma, bereavement, loss, self-esteem, low self confidence, family issues, post-traumatic stress and anger management.
I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their ethical guidelines. I am fully insured; DBS checked and have regular supervision. I participate in CPD courses to increase my knowledge and expertise in the counselling field.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £45.00 to £50.00
£45 (50 minute session)
£50 (50 minute session at 5pm onwards)
Tuesday to Friday 11am - 5.00pm (last session)