I have over 12 years experience working in different settings including The Youth Offending Team, The Samaritans, Family Matters, Time4Change (drugs and alcohol), Devon and Cornwall Police, a Plymouth primary school as Parent Support and Plymouth MIND.
Each place that I have volunteered or worked has given me new experiences to make me a more experienced and knowledgeable therapist, every client brings something different and each client is unique.
At times life can become challenging and we allow ourselves to become overwhelmed with the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Everyday can become more difficult with mixed emotions and adverse behaviour which can sometimes leave us feeling empty and alone to which this can filter into everyday life including home, work, college and relationships.
I understand that choosing a therapist can be a daunting experience, you are choosing someone to which you are about to share your experiences, your life with, I want you to feel comfortable and secure as well as trusted and listened to in calm and private surroundings. This is why I offer a 30 minute consultation free of charge so that you can meet me, feel comfortable in my therapy room and give me an understanding of what is going on for you.
My gift to you is to help you understand what is going on in your life and help you change your behaviour to make a difference to your well being, with this I offer you warmth, understanding and empathy as well as a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space to feel relaxed in.
I love my work as a therapist, working with my clients and sharing their journey is a remarkably satisfying experience, I feel very privileged to be in this position to be trusted and respected.
I work with adults, young people and children aged 11 years and over.
I work in Plymouth within a quiet private location which offers parking.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Some of the issues I work with include stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement, OCD, pre & post-natal depression, drugs & alcohol addiction, addictive behaviour, panic attacks, agoraphobia, many other phobias, sexual issues, bullying and much more
I am fully DBS checked.
'Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change'-Jim Rohn
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 6 Advanced Specialist Diploma in Clinical Supervision (NCS)
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills & Theory NCFE
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills NCFE
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- GCSE Psychology
Autism Awareness (O.A. Diploma)
Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
- Understanding Child Protection/Neglect/Hidden Harm/eSafety/Child Sexual Abuse/Domestic Abuse
- Common Assessment Framework Training
- Safeguarding Adults
Continued Professional Development
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Self Esteem
- Working with clients who have experienced Sexual Abuse
- Working with Clients who have experienced Suicide
- Working Therapeutically with Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Exploring Art Therapy Techniques
- Focusing Skills
- Working with the Body Process
- Nature Therapy
- Understanding Abusive Relationships
- Working with Young People
- Making the Implicit Explicit
- Domestic Abuse Training- Identifying High Risk Factors
- Jeremiah's Journey Training- Children & Bereavement- What to do when someone dies
- An Introduction to Children and Young People's Mental Health
- SMART Recovery- SMART Recovery Facilitator/Champion- Addictive Behaviour
- Primary Emotional First Aid
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant- Targeted Mental Health in Schools
- Hidden Sentence- Working with individuals who have a relative in prison.
- Understanding & working with individuals who self harm.
- Eating Difficulties, Children and Young People
- Experience with people affected by substance misuse
- Experience with primary mental health disorders
- Safe Talk- Suicide Awareness
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC Livewell)
- Blue Stream Academy (GP Practice)
- Working with the Soul (workshop)
- Working with Dreams (workshop)
- Working with Trauma (CPD)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (Counselling Tutor)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I charge £40 per session.
I accept cash or payment by BACS, please bring to your session.
I offer an initial free 30 minute introductory session so that it gives you a chance to meet me and get used to my therapy room and it's beautiful surroundings. I believe that this gives you an understanding to how I work and I can get an insight on what is going on for you.
I offer discount to students including counselling students and under 18's ID required-please bring on initial contact.
My sessions are for 60 minutes and I am available early evenings Monday - Friday.
Please note: I will be able to offer day appointments on a Friday from September starting from 7.30am
Due to my limited availability I do have clients who require certain times of the week for their appointments, if you are booked in and know that you are not going to make that session please let me know as soon as you can. If I have less than 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment then I will charge half the fee as I will probably not be able to fill the slot.
I am only available early evenings Monday - Thursday
Friday 9am- 4pm
You can contact me by telephone, e-mail or through my facebook page, I will contact you as soon as I can.