Ruth Taylor (MBACP) - Amethyst Counselling
I am here to offer you the time and space to focus on yourself, to discover what matters to you.
I work in what is called a person-centred way which means I am focused on you, what matters to you and what works for you. I use my training in person-centred counselling, NLP (neuro Linguistic Programming) CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and couples/relationship therapy to tailor the sessions to best suit your needs.
Life can feel overwhelming sometimes, relationships can feel hard and everyday life can be a struggle. It can be hard to talk to family and friends about these things so I would like to offer you the time and space to be truly listened to, understood and accepted.
I will work with you, without passing judgement, supporting you to achieve your goals, whether that be to;
- Find solutions that work for you.
- Talk through a situation/issue to make sense of what has happened/put things into perspective.
- Work with and explore your strengths.
- Change any behaviour patterns you feel are stopping you leading the life you want to lead.
- Find and develop new ways of coping with situations/feelings/emotions.
- Examine all your options.
- Deal with painful/difficult relationships.
- Work towards understanding yourself more and why you do the things you do.
- Improve your confidence/self-esteem/assertiveness
- Be heard.
I will listen to you and support you in whatever way you need.
You’re looking for support and it’s difficult to find someone you’re able to open up to. It is hard to know if I’m right for you from reading a few words. This is why I offer a free 30 minute chat, face to face or over the phone, so you feel at ease when choosing me to support you during this difficult time in your life.
Sessions are confidential.
I work out of my counselling room in Adlington, just outside of Chorley and Horwich, and from Chorley Women's Centre, Both are just a few minutes away from parking and transport links.
Sessions typically last 50 minutes - 1 hour and we will meet once a week.
You are not tied into any set amount of sessions, you can have as many or as few as you need/want.
I charge £40 per session for individuals, £50 for couples/relationships, which can be paid by bank transfer or cash.
Reductions are available for students and those with low income
I offer one to one sessions focused specifically on setting your own goals and introduction to mindfulness.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Counsellor with a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
I am an Anxiety UK approved counsellor.
I am an Integral Eye Movement Practitioner
I have undertaken training courses on the following;
- Working with couples and relationships
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Integral Eye Movement Therapy (IEMT)
- NLP foundation diploma
- CBT diploma
- Single Session Therapy
- Transgender issues
- Loss of an infant
- Pre-trial therapy
- Awareness of mental health problems
- Counselling survivors of sexual abuse
- Safeguarding level 1 and 2
- Forced Marriage
- Honour based Violence
- Working with DID
I have an up to date DBS and First aid certificate.
I have experience in counselling people experiencing issues such as;
- Infant loss
- Sexual abuse
- Domestic abuse (physical/mental/psychological/emotional/financial)
- Stress (home life/work/family)
- Anxiety (General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety etc.)
- Long term health conditions
- Memory loss (including dementia and Alzheimer's)
- Life limiting illness
- Autism and ADHD
- And numerous other issues.
I have worked for a general counselling service, rape and sexual abuse counselling centre and Cruse Bereavement.
I have a Diploma in Mindfulness and Reiki Level 2 so can also help and support you with relaxation and mindfulness techniques.
I am a Registered member of the BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- 13+ years experience working with individuals and their families in the palliative/end of life field
- Pet bereavement/loss
- Those experiencing and those close to individuals experiencing dementia
If you are not sure if I am right for you call/email me so we can have a chat to discuss your individual needs
I have up to date professional indemnity insurance, a clear DBS and I am GDPR compliant.
Photos & videos
- Face to face and telephone counselling = £40 per hour (including pre-trial therapy)
- Couples/Relationship counselling = £50 per hour
-IEMT session= £40
- One to one session - setting your goals = £40 (1 x hour and a half session)
- One to one sessions - introduction to mindfulness (4 x hour and a half sessions) = £60
You are not tied into a fixed amount of sessions, you can have as many as you need.
Reduced rates/concessions/discounted fees are available for students and those on a low income/benefits
COMING IN 2020
Walk and Talk Therapy
One to one self-confidence and assertiveness sessions
Anxiety management sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available. Contact me to find out more.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|