Phillip Beisty UKCP acc. Child & Adolescent specialist.
During this extraordinary period of time I am able to offer online therapy via zoom or VSee.
Whilst we are all instructed to be physically isolated it’s important that we continue to take care of ourselves and our mental health. We are in uncharted times and many people will find the expectations and the impacted of these expectations distressing.
Therapy can still provide an important role in keeping ourselves safe and contained during this challenging period.
Best Start Therapy suggests and expresses my core belief that all children should have the best start in life when it comes to their mental health. “Grow from within” reinforces my philosophy that as a psychotherapeutic counsellor I acknowledge that change comes from within and as a therapist I am there to facilitate that growth.
I consider myself to be an integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor drawing on a range of theories to support me in my client work and, with the use of creative media, be able to adapt to my clients’ needs and utilise a range of methods to help encourage them to communicate their needs effectively. I established Best Start Therapy in order to offer children and young people a psychotherapeutic counselling service, whether that be privately, part of a contract or through a school or a local authority service. The service I provide to both the individual Child / Young person and the service I provide to schools, can be tailored to meet their requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Northern Guild Institute Psychotherapy and Counselling, Newcastle
- Diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling with children and young people, 2016
- Northern Guild Institute Psychotherapy and Counselling, Newcastle.
- Newman University Post-graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy, 2015.
- Leeds metropolitan university, Leeds, BSc in Counselling & Therapeutic studies, 2009
- The Berne Institute - Group Psychotherapy Training. 2020
- SPTI - Certificate in Clinical Supervision - 2019
- Child attachment interview training 4 day course - 2013
- Child protection level 3 foundation course 2 days - 2012
- Introducing psychoanalytic ideas on sexual perversions, delinquency and violence - 2010- 2011
- Helping children with troubled parents - 2011
- Working with children and parents together, 3 day workshop - 2009
- Helping children speak about feelings, what to say how to be - 2008
- Family breakdown, divorce and parents fighting, helping children and young people recover - 2008
- Further training information is available upon request
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
For private clients sessions are based on affordability this could range from £35 - £45 Please contact me for further details.
Assessment sessions are £45 however waived for key workers.
During this period of lock down all fees must be paid 24hrs in advance of the session either via BACS or Paypal.
Prices for schools, local authorities and other services can be negotiated depending on number of clients and length of contracts. Prices for 1:1 individual session can be negotiated.
Payments can be made via BACS, PayPal, chip and pin, cheques and cash.
Concessions offered for
During this period of lock down my availability is flexible.
I am currently offering supervision at a discounted rate whilst I complete my UKCP accreditated supervision training.
Please contact me for further details.