I have been a therapist for 20 years and have worked in a variety of countries. I have practiced in Canada, Dubai and Kenya. I am an author of 2 self help books which are available on Amazon.
I work with individuals and couples as well as adolescents (14 years and above). I treat conditions such as anxiety, depression and PTSD to name a few.
I am also a supervisor and have trained at CCPE.
I use an integrative approach and fit the therapy to suit the needs of the client. Your sessions are designed to give you exercises and tools that you can apply in your daily life that allows you to measure your ongoing progress as well as manage your symptoms.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Adult Supervision from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) - 2020
- Trauma – Aid Hap-Germany- Nairobi, Kenya. EMDR Training Level 1- October 2014. Level 2- September 2015.
- ACT- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Training – Nairobi, Kenya Certificate in ACT – September 2014
- University of Waterloo, Conrad Grebel college – Waterloo, Canada. Certificate in Family Mediation (Concentration in Domestic Violence 2010
- Corporate Coach from Corporate Coach University, Licensed
- Coaching Clinic Facilitator (Training & Development), Train the Trainer Program, 2004 and Certificate of Coaching, 2006, respectively.
- Diploma in Family Law and Child Law from Holborn College
- Masters Degree in Psychoanalytic Studies from Brunel University
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from University of Western Ontario, Canada
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Each session is 50 minutes in length. My approach is integrative, and the therapy is designed to suit the client. Frequency of sessions depends on the presenting issues. My fees vary based on time of day.
Available for appointments during the day and after work hours such as 6, 7 and 8 pm.
Reaching out to seek professional help is not an easy step to take, however, it is a brave one. As a therapist with 20 years of experience I believe that each individual is unique and is looking for a personal approach to find resolution, closure and a new way forward.
Step 1: Send me an email/call to set up an initial session
Step 2: Lets discuss during the session what you want to get out of counselling and how this can fit into your schedule
Step 3: Together we will determine a plan and schedule that is right for you