PG Dip; NCS Senior Accredited
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- My practice is now full until April 2022
- Please note: During the ongoing situation with the Corona Virus I am continuing to provide a professional and ethical service online and via telephone.
- I am a fully qualified Senior accredited counsellor working in an NHS service in addition to private practice as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor, Couples Therapist, EMDR therapist specialising in trauma, sexual, emotional, and racial abuse.
- I specialise in working with clients who have suffered trauma and are experiencing low self-esteem and low confidence, anxiety and depression, difficulty processing feelings, interpersonal difficulties in relationships,s and identity issues.
- I use a combination of contemporary and evidence-based methods and strategies to support clients in their recovery.
- I enjoy supporting my clients to improve their well-being and I am fully committed to my client's progress and journey through therapy.
- If you would like to take the first steps to explore a difficulty in your life and are ready to make a change. I provide a safe, supportive, and confidential space; to start your journey give me a call and we can make a start together
- I offer a 55-minute consultation appointment where we can speak and discuss your difficulties with no obligation to continue unless we both feel comfortable working together.
- I offer concessions in particular circumstances and will be happy to discuss this with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Over 20 years experience as a Counsellor
- PG Diploma Level training in Counselling using Transactional Analysis
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Level 1 2 3 4 for trauma
- Rewind Therapy for Trauma
- Dialectic Behaviour Therapy for Emotional Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and overeating.
- BACP endorsed Counselling for Depression Certificate. (Nottingham University)
- Couples Therapy for Depression Qualification (Tavistock Centre for Couples and Relationships)
- Post Graduate Certificate Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness Training (Mindfulness Association)
- Risk Assessment Training
- African Psychology
- Emotion-Focused Therapy Training
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
National Counselling Society (NCS)
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling for Black and minority ethnic issues. Racial discrimination issues, Cultural issues in relationships
Psychotherapy for Trauma using EMDR
Psychotherapy for managing difficult and overwhelming emotions and thoughts using DBT
Psychotherapy for low self esteem and low confidence
Couples Therapy to improve communication manage conflicts and increase connectedness
Counselling for Depression including couples
Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
From £85.00 to £135.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
£85 per 55 minute session - Individual psychotherapy/counselling sessions
£125 per 55 minute session - Couples Therapy
£85 per 55 minute session- Mindfulness and Compassion Training.
EMDR sessions £145 per 90 min session
Dialectic Behaviour Therapy Sessions £125 per 55 min session
Rewind Therapy £125 per 50 minute session
My regular fee is £85 per session for individual sessions and £135 for couples, we can however discuss this during our initial consultation. Your individual circumstances will be taken into consideration and a fee will be agreed on together before making any commitment to ongoing therapy.
As a guide, fees post-consultation tend to range between £75-135
My fee for initial consultations is £95.
The first initial consultation is to gives us both an opportunity to see if we both feel we can work together.
If we both mutually agree to work together we can move on to a formal assessment which lasts 55 minutes where the cost will be my standard fee as shown above.
If we agree not to work together I would always be happy to recommend other therapists for you to contact who may be more suitable for your needs.
I am always happy to have a chat on the phone if you have any questions you need to ask. Just contact me by phone or email and I will ensure I will reply to you within 72 hours.
When I work
I provide a professional and ethical online practice via video link and telephone
Your therapy sessions are always confidential. There are times when confidentiality may be need to be broken. For instance if you were at risk of harm either to yourself or from others and also if I feel someone around you may be at risk of harm. I would always try to discuss this with you first if possible.
This is a part of the code of ethics which I abide by as an ethical practitioner. I am a Senior Accredited member of the National Counselling Society and a registrant member of BACP who have codes of conduct and standards for professional Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
I provide a standard therapy business contract which states how we will work together stipulate regular reviews and also cancellation and holiday policy.