NO MORE WAITING LISTS! Mark Penfold ~ Registered Member MBACP
Hi, I'm Mark, a Person Centred Counsellor based in Colchester.
Counselling should always be a journey in which you come to a greater understanding of yourself and the issues that concern you. For some people that journey can last months, and for others a few sessions can make the difference in being and thinking differently, towards becoming a healthier individual. So many of us long to discover the real us beyond the masks we wear, or defences we build to prevent that happening.
Working with individuals couples, families and young people aged 11-18, I work with many issues specialising in anger management, anxiety and being more assertive. I have been qualified for 16 years working with adults, and 10 years experience working with young people aged 11-25.
I see myself as someone able to put people at ease, allowing them to be heard in telling their own unique story, in the present or from the past. I value the importance of forging a bond of trust with each person in a spirit of openness. So whether you want to discover the real you or simply find a solution to a current difficulty...
I would be glad to share your story.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Person- Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Register Member of the British Association Of Counsellors (BACP) and I adhere to their code of ethics.
After qualifying, I was a volunteer counsellor for two years with a charity who worked with individuals facing drug and alcohol issues. I then became a youth counsellor with Nacro for 6 years, after which I worked for Barnardo's in Family Intervention.
I am currently working for a local high school two days a week as well as having a private practice of adult clients. I enjoy working with both adults and young people as well as couples and although qualified in person-centred counselling I do incorporate elements of a psychodynamic and CBT approach.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- £40 - Individuals counselling
- £50 - Couples counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible appointments, excluding Thursday afternoons. If you text me on my mobile number I will call you back as soon as possible.
Types of client