Psychotherapist, Counsellor & Clinical Supervisor MBACP
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
You and your life's journey are unique.
Clients often tell me that counselling has helped them find peace of mind, it is clear that many of us are searching for the same thing. No matter what your background, upbringing or personal circumstances, many of us at some time in our lives will be faced with a problem that cannot be resolved just by talking to friends and family alone. Just like you, the therapeutic relationship is unique, it can offer you the opportunity to speak to someone who is compassionate and has your well-being at the heart of the work.
It is my aim to create a stable, trusting relationship with you, which can then enable you to look at life in a safe, non-judgmental, confidential environment, offering new perspectives with positive outcomes. I use a holistic approach and have experience supporting people to explore and overcome life's obstacles and challenges.
I am an integrative therapist, which means I can draw upon a number of models and theories, where I am able to use the approach which works best for you. This may include Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Psychotherapeutic Therapy.
Whatever brings you to counselling, you can rely on me to be passionate about supporting you through your difficulties and to help you with times when circumstances may seem hard to cope with on your own.
I have experience in working successfully with a wide range of issues.
Some include: bereavement, separation & divorce, stress, severe anxiety and depression, chronic pain, relationship struggles, loss of good communication either couples or parents and teenagers.
I work from my Private Practice in Newport Pagnell Town Centre.
In the past, I was Practice Counsellor for both Willen and Newport Pagnell Medical Centres, for which I continue to receive GP referrals to date.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Equine Facilitated Learning Diploma (February 2022)
- CPCAB Level 6 Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- CPCAB Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency, Accredited Voluntary Register
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Studies
Continued Professional Development in Counselling:
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (Counselling Tutor 80hrs)
- Certificate - Working with Autism
- Certificate - Couples Counselling
- Certificate - The impact of the Mid-life Crisis on Couples
- Certificate - Psychotropic Medicine
- Certificate - Working with Infertility - Hope and Hopelessness
- PODS - Training (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors) Trauma and the body: Somatisation and Dissociation
- PODS - Training in working with Suicide and Self-Harm
- PODS - Training - working with shame.
- Certificate - Working with the 'Inner Child'
- Mindfulness - Working with Stress (8 week course)
- Certificate - Working with Sexualised Trauma
- Certificate - Working to build Self-Esteem
- Yearly residential Weekend Workshop covering various topics
I have worked and volunteered for a wide variety of organisations including:
- Thames Valley Police
- Crime Reduction Incentive (supporting vulnerable adults)
- YMCA (supporting young adults)
- Secondary School Counselling (supporting teens)
- G.P. Surgeries serving a large community (supporting adults and young people)
- Volunteer for mental health agencies in Milton Keynes
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Deciding to go ahead with counselling can be difficult. It's important that you feel comfortable speaking with me, so please call me for a free initial conversation where you can give me an outline of what you are looking to achieve and I can explain how I work and what you can expect from the sessions.
£50.00 - Individual Counselling
£65.00 - Couples Counselling
Each Individual session last 50-60 minutes; Couples sessions last 60-70 minutes
Supervision Fees: £50.00/hr.
We can discuss how many sessions are appropriate and this can be reviewed at regular intervals. Therapy can range from just a few sessions to open-ended work.
Available: Week days: 09.30 - 20.00 and Saturdays: 11.00 - 16.00
Payment & Cancellations: As I cannot fill your allocated time, please allow 48 hours notice before full payment is due. Payment is due on the day of the counselling session - please - either by cash, bank transfer or debit/visa card.
In everything I do, confidentiality is paramount and as a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to their code of ethics to ensure safe and ethical practice.