Louise Fenton - MBACP (Accred)
308A Ashby Road
07907 613600 / 07907 613600
- Do you struggle with relationship issues? Do you find it hard to get on with people? How is family life? Is it easier to stay in and not even bother going out? It might be you just don't trust others? Or, is it the opposite and you cling to people, wanting to be with them all the time? I understand if you are weary of people you may not trust me, as I am 'a person' but whatever relationship difficulties you may have, we can work on them together and achieve your goals.
- Do you have Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder or Panic Disorder? I used to suffer with these. I had Panic Attacks and felt debilitated by them so I really know what these feel like and I can share with you how I got rid of mine.
- Do you use risky behaviours, self punishment or self harm? We wouldn't just work to take these away as they may actually be keeping you safe, we work around them and find the reasons behind the behaviours. If we understand the behaviours then we know what we are dealing with and how we can sort this out. Understanding is the key.
- Do you lose time, have memory gaps, space out, feel unreal or sometimes even feel like you're another person? There are lots we can do for this. You might want to be more present or you might think it keeps you safe. Either way it's your decision and your goals we work towards.
- Do you have nightmares or flashbacks and are they making your life seem pretty unbearable? These are your mind trying to heal. Lets make sense of these and give you some relief.
- Do you feel like you're going crazy sometimes? Do you have meltdowns? Let's find out what's going on. Let's find triggers and deactivate them.
Therapy can be painful and scary, and sometimes it's easier to leave things as they are and carry on in the same way.
But...what do you picture for your future if you don't make changes? What will you lose out on?
It is scary to make changes, who would you be without your issues?
But... can you imagine what it will be like when you don't let your issues hold you back and you let go of what is hurting you. What will life look like? What will you look like? What will your relationships be like? Your job? Your social life?
We can work together as a team and reach your goals. I have goals too; to help you achieve the results you want and to see you thrive.
Mental Health has had it's challenges in the past but now we are moving forward and getting exciting results. We have new understanding on trauma, we have neuroscience, and we have studies that give us empirical evidence. Lets use these to their full advantage and help you to:
- Be and feel safe
- Stabilize your life
- Learn to set boundaries
- Help you to get your needs met in a healthy way
- Heal past hurts
- Make sense of things
- Understand why you do what you do
- Learn tools and coping strategies
- Build resilience
- Strengthen your self identity
- Focus on the here and now and let go of the past
- Have compassion for others
- Build healthy relationships
- Thrive and have a future
- Work with any trauma
- Work towards ending therapy
WHAT TO EXPECT
I understand that to seek counselling can seem very daunting and sometimes it takes courage and strength to take the first step. If you have decided to contact me we can arrange to meet for a full and thorough assessment. This session lasts one hour so it gives us time for you to talk about your difficulties. I will explain how I work and how our sessions will be confidential. I will ask you questions and explore what has brought you along to counselling, what is happening for you and some of your history. It will be important for me to know what your aims and goals are so that we know what we are trying to achieve. Hopefully this lets you get to know me a little and help you decide if you would like us to continue to work together. If this is what you decide to do then we can arrange further appointments for you. Usually this is once a week but we can discuss this if this is not suitable. The amount of sessions you have is entirely your choice.
ISSUES I CAN HELP WITH
I work with; Anger Issues, O.C.D, Phobias and Relationship Issues.
I specialize with clients; Men, Women and Children, who have suffered from Relational abuse; Sexual Abuse, Trauma, Domestic Violence, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Dissociation, D.I.D. etc.
I do not work with anyone who have previous convictions of sexual offences or anyone currently the focus of an on going police investigation or criminal justice proceedings.
I volunteered for Rape Crisis for 3 years where I worked with clients who had suffered with: Rape, Sexual Abuse or Domestic Violence.
I volunteered for Cruse Bereavement Care, having completed their training program with accreditation.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
I am continuously undertaking further training in the areas of trauma, dissociation, neuroscience and attachment disorders.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Psychotherapy Diploma
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Diploma
- AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- AQA Certificate in Counselling
- Advanced PTSD Practitioner Management Diploma
- Eating Disorder Diploma Level 4
- Understanding and working with Dissociation Foundation course, ESTD-UK
- Working Therapeutically with Complex Traumatic Dissociation Post Foundation Course, ESTD-UK
- Certificate of Proficiency
- ASIST Suicide Intervention workshop
- Safe Talk suicide alertness training
- MHFA Mental Health First Aid course
- Sexual Violence and Abuse Training
- Good lives and Intervention Planning with Young People and Sexual Harm
- Enabling Complex Young People with Harmful Behavior to Engage in intervention
- Learning about Sex Offenders Awareness Raising
- Understanding the Perspectives of Sexual Abuse Survivors
- Child Trafficking
- Child Development and Vulnerability of Babies
- Difficult, Dangerous and Disturbing Behavior
- Domestic Abuse and Impact on the Child Level 1, 2 and 3
- Domestic Abuse Level 3
- Neglect and Impact on the Child Level 1
- Child Protection and Substance Misuse
- Silk or Gold; Female Genital Mutilation
- Safeguarding Adolescents and Understanding Risky Behavior
- Inner Child Workshop
- How to support Children and Young People where Bullying is a Factor
- Understanding the MARAC process
- Child Psychology level 3
- Child Protection Foundation Level 3
- Accreditation Cruse Bereavement Care
- Understanding and working with self harm and self injury in children and young people
- Working with Men
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery. Healing the Brain
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganized Attachment
- Working with Nightmares and Dreams
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer: Babette Rothschild
- Dissociation and Dissociative Identity Disorder. The Fundamentals
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Working with Children: Helping Children Cope with Trauma
- Integration of Mind, Brain and Body in the Treatment of Trauma: Bessel Van Der Kolk
- Enhanced DBS
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
Photos & videos
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
The fee is £45 and is payable at the beginning of the session.
Please give as much notice as possible for cancellations. If less than 24 hours are given a full fee is charged.
I understand that coming for counselling can be daunting especially when you are feeling vulnerable or low so I would like to take this opportunity to explain a few things and hopefully ease some anxieties you may have.
Grey Matters is located in Ashby near Scunthorpe, in a very easily reached location. It is situated on local bus routes and there is a bus stop across the road. There is also ample parking for cars around the building.
There is a waiting room for your convenience. If you have an appointment you are welcome to come in and take a seat.
When it is your appointment time I will greet you and welcome you into the counselling room where you will be offered a glass of water.
The room is safe, cozy and warm.
I am passionate and highly motivated in providing a high-quality service to my clients and to contribute to meeting the needs of mental health problems and issues.
Thank you for visiting my profile page. If you would like to know more visit my website; www.greymatterscentre.co.uk
Please get in touch; I shall look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer short or long term therapy, which ever suits your needs and requirements. I am available for daytime and early evening appointments and some immediate appointments may be available.
Types of client