Reg. Member. BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- I offer face-to-face sessions. However if you need to shield we can speak via Zoom.
- Difficulties addressed in therapy can include anxiety, fear, depression, sadness, loneliness, stress, relational breakdowns or suicidal feelings.
- Therapy may be challenging at times but often we get to a point where staying stuck hurts more than risking growth.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy provides an opportunity to explore your situation in a one-to-one, confidential setting. During the work repeated unhelpful patterns can to come to light. We explore together the possible origins of these negative patterns. Together we would think about and try to work through the attending fears, anxieties, conflicts or doubts.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have many years experience working on a one-to-one basis offering emotional, pastoral and psychological support.
- I have been working as a psychotherapist for eight years and for five years in private practice.
- Past experience includes working in education and the voluntary sector, most recently as a Support Worker.
- I have volunteered as a bereavement counsellor with CRUSE Bereavement, in the HR department of MSF (UK) and have experience in hospital chaplaincy.
- I have attended training on Attachment Trauma and PTSD, Intergenerational Trauma, Life Coaching and Critical Incident Debriefing.
BA (hons) - (King's College, London)
Cert Counselling Skills - (WPF, London)
Cert Theo - (Cantab)
PDip Theo - (Cantab)
PDip Psychodynamic Psychotherapy - (WPF and Roehampton)
MPhil - (Cantab)
I am a registered member of the BPC (British Psychoanalytical Council) and the FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling) and I adhere to their ethical and professional standards. The BPC is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. Continuing professional development (CPD) is a requirement of my member organisation.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- When you contact me I will get back to you as soon as possible. We can then arrange an initial session at a time that suits you. This initial consultation will give us a chance to explore if we might be able to work together. The fee for our initial consultation would only be charged if we decided to work together. It will be the same cost as the fee for weekly therapy.
- Fees are £55 per session.
- Sessions last for 50 minutes.
- I occasionally have a few low cost sessions available for those who are unemployed or without family income.
When I work
Please contact me to discuss availability.
I offer online sessions for anyone who has to shield due to coronavirus.