Linda Helena Boutet (Dip.) MBACP
With 25 years experience as a BACP counsellor and psychotherapist, I provide authentic, compassionate and insightful support for my clients throughout the variety of challenges they face.
Finding the right therapist can be confusing - so this is why I offer an introductory session for you to see if I am the therapist you would like to share your journey with.
Our past influences our present, but it does not have to dictate our future. Life experiences, both positive and negative, can be stepping stones for discovering who we are today and who we aspire to be tomorrow. Exploring our relationships with others and, importantly, our relationship with ourselves can be a truly empowering experience.
With empathic support, effective tools and personal determination, I believe we can find confidence, happiness and a real sense of fulfilment - with a grounded, gentle and sincere approach.
My professional training began in 1989 - including psychodynamic, psychoanalytic and integrative therapy, CBT (cognitive behavioural techniques), positive relaxation and guided imagery.
I am a full member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and The BACP (Children and Young People).
How I work
- Integrative - Working using a variety of approaches depending on the client and nature of the problem.
- Psychodynamic - Working with feelings and processes that are out of our everyday awareness.
- Cognitive Behavioural - Working with Thinking (Cognitive) & Behaviour: This approach facilitates greater awareness and insight into our patterns of thinking and how they influence our everyday behaviour.
Therapy can help us adopt new ways of thinking and alternative ways of coping with situations we find difficult.
No matter how bad you may feel, we can talk about it together, in confidence - as all my work is confidential and adheres to the BACP code of ethics.
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about how we can work together.
I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
BCTA - The British Counselling Training Association, London
Diploma: Integrative Counselling
LCP - The London Centre for Psychotherapy
Foundation Year: Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
WPF - Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London
Cert. Pastoral Counselling
The Tavistock & Portman Clinic, London
Working with Depression & Anxiety (CPD)
Cert.Counselling Young People in the Digital Age (CPD)
Cert.Primary Care Counselling (NHS)
Cert.Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy Approaches & Mindfulness
Cert. Clinical Supervision & Ethical Practice
'Freedom from Fear and Anxiety' (CPD)
The Royal Free Hospital, London
Cert.Behavioral Psychology & Working with Phobia's
Beat Bullying, London
Cert. Online Counselling (Young People)
Cert. Safeguarding & Child Protection
Cert. Child Development, Child Protection & Safeguarding
Empowering Mental Health Service Users (CPD)
Wornington College, London
Degree (Level 5)
Cert. Transpersonal Psychology & Counselling in the Community
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Personal & Spiritual Development
- Life Coaching
- Coping with Change
- Body Image
- Compulsive Behaviors
Photos & videos
- £20 per 30 minute Introductory session
- £40 per 50 minute individual session
- £40 per 50 minute session via Skype
- The search for a counsellor
- Towards freedom from anxiety
- Relationships and our sense of self
- Counselling for loneliness
- Freedom from fear
- Feeling anxious at the idea of counselling
- Scared of counselling
- Anxiety, fear and trembling
Member of The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
MBACP (Children & Young People)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Saturday: 11am - 8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|