Lesley Emerson (Ad. Dip. Psy C.)
I decided to follow my dreams and become a counsellor after many years of being told time and time again that I should be one!
My previous work was also with people, and I'm told I am a great listener and people feel very comfortable with me. I hope I can provide that comfort and easiness with you.
I Qualified as an Integrative Counsellor (which means I use several models of counselling), and I work with adults, children and young people.
I have a huge interest in psychodynamic counselling, which entails connecting current issues you may have with things which may have happened to you in childhood. CBT is fantastic as a solution, but I believe that to get to the root of the problem is essential.
I worked for 2 and a half years as a Volunteer Counsellor in school, and have gone on to work with a children's mental health charity as an Assistant School Project Manager in 2 different schools.
I have also done training with Cruse the Bereavement Charity, and work with children and young people there.
I love working with sand trays with both adults and children...very powerful stuff!
I enjoy working with groups, and have also worked with families.
I am fully insured and all of my certificates are available to view if required.
I attend monthly supervision, as well as supervision within my workplace and with Cruse.
I am also interested in Mindfulness, and sometimes include it in sessions, along with breathing techniques- especially when working with Stress and Anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- 6 months training with Cruse Bereavement Services with CYP
- Various Training Workshops with Place2be including safeguarding, children's emotional wellbeing, hidden harms, making endings, helping children tell their stories...and many more.
- Adult and Child Safeguarding.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Generally £45 per session / £55 for 90mins
If booked and paid in blocks of 4 sessions there would be a 10% reduction
There would also be an added reduction for lower-paid (proof may be required)
- I also offer Sand Tray Therapy.
- I Work well with children with low confidence and self-esteem.
- Good knowledge of stress and Anxiety.
- You can find me on Facebook under 'Lesley Emerson Counselling'...please visit me there and like my page.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer clients evening and weekend appointments
Types of client