Lesley Emerson (Ad. Dip. Psy C.)
I am qualified in Integrative Therapy which means I use (and combine) several types of Therapy depending on the individual needs of my client. I work from my Therapy room in my home in Larkhall. I offer you a safe and confidential space where you are free to talk about your problems and challenges.
Some people hold on to issues for years, and by doing this we can affect our overall health. I believe that many of our issues stem from when we were younger, and to be able to move on with our lives, it is important to revisit that painful time and work through it. Once we realise how something we do currently, stems from an event in the past, it can be like a lightbulb moment.
I will also help with tools and coping strategies for be you to be confident about the future.
As well as working with adults, I have gained a lot of experience working with children and young people, and so I see clients of all ages.
I am fully insured and all of my certificates are available to view if required.
I attend monthly supervision, as well as supervision within my workplace and with Cruse.
I am also interested in Mindfulness, and include it in sessions if required, along with breathing techniques- especially when working with Stress and Anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- 6 months training with Cruse Bereavement Services with CYP
- Various Training Workshops with Place2be including safeguarding, children's emotional wellbeing, hidden harms, making endings, helping children tell their stories, Gangs and Child Sexual Exploitation...and many more.
- Adult and Child Safeguarding.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Generally £45 per session / £55 for 90mins. (first session half price)
If booked and paid in blocks of 3 sessions cost would be £120 / £150 for 90mins.
If fees are unaffordable, I might be able to offer some appointments at a reduced rate.
- Bereavement a speciality
- Sand Tray Therapy.
- Inner child work
- Low Confidence and Self-esteem.
- Stress and Anxiety
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work daytime, evenings and weekend mornings if required.
Types of client