Lesley Emerson (Ad. Dip. Psy C.)
I am qualified in Integrative Therapy which means I use (and combine) several types of Therapy depending on the individual needs of my client. I work from my Therapy room in my home in Larkhall. I offer you a safe and confidential space where you are free to talk about your problems and challenges.
* While Face to face Counselling is not allowed, I offer Telephone Counselling or Online Counselling, both of which have proved to be very successful and worthwhile. Hopefully it won't be long before Face to Face counselling is back for those who prefer it.
Some people hold on to issues for years, and by doing this we can affect our overall health. I believe that many of our issues stem from when we were younger, and to be able to move on with our lives, it is important to revisit that painful time and work through it. Once we realise how something we do currently, stems from an event in the past, it can be like a lightbulb moment.
I will also help with tools and coping strategies for be you to be confident about the future.
As well as working with adults, I have gained a lot of experience working with children and young people, and so I see clients of all ages.
I am fully insured and all of my certificates are available to view if required.
I attend monthly supervision, as well as supervision within my workplace and with Cruse.
I am also interested in Mindfulness, and include it in sessions if required, along with breathing techniques- especially when working with Stress and Anxiety.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- 6 months training with Cruse Bereavement Services with CYP
- Various Training Workshops with Place2be including safeguarding, children's emotional wellbeing, hidden harms, making endings, helping children tell their stories, Gangs and Child Sexual Exploitation...and many more.
- Adult and Child Safeguarding.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £45 per session/ £120 per block of 3.
Concessions of 25% are available. Please ask.
Fees must be paid by bank transfer prior to the session.
Concessions offered for
- I work with Cruse Bereavement Services
- I work with 'Who Cares Scotland'
- Sand Tray Therapy.
- Inner child work
- Low Confidence and Self-esteem.
- Stress and Anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Working on anger issues in children
- Living through lockdown