About me

Does life feel overwhelming?

Are you feeling stuck? anxious? depressed? stressed?             

Perhaps you are struggling to face daily life?

Maybe thoughts of not wanting to be here have crept in and this has frightened you?

Whether you are an adult, couple or young person, life can throw all sorts at us, things we were not expecting!

Whatever your circumstances, there are times when we all need to find some emotional support to help us. We may feel unable to open up to friends or family, through fear of being judged, being given unwanted advice, being shut down and not heard.

My understanding around developmental psychology gives me a solid foundation in understanding a range of childhood trauma, attachment and family dynamics, which may be causing you worries in your adult life.

I work with both adults, young people and couples. I also offer family therapy.

I know only too well the anxiety that coming to counselling may cause. I will do my best to help you feel comfortable and at ease.

Whether you are a young person or an adult, you will be given a warm welcome, the kettle will be on and we can begin working through what is on your mind- whatever it may be.

Training, qualifications & experience

Over the last 20 years, I have worked in a variety of settings including social care, schools, National Autistic Society, domestic violence and mental health charities as well as my own private practice.

I am a member of the National Counselling Society.

  • M.Ed Social, emotional, and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
  • B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology
  • Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
  • Counselling Young People
  • Solution Focussed Therapy
  • Protective Behaviours (Adolescents)
  • NVQ 4 Working with Families with Multiple and Complex Needs
  • QCF Working with Children and Young People
  • Creative Counselling
  • Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
  • Couples Counselling

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


National Counselling Society

The National Counselling Society

This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.

In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.

Accredited register membership

National Counselling Society

Accredited Register Scheme

The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).

This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.


From £50.00 to £70.00
Free initial telephone session

Concessions offered for

  • Low income
  • Keyworkers
  • Students
  • Trainee counsellors

Additional information

Sessions are 60 mins

Personal and young people sessions £50

Couples sessions £70

Family Therapy £70


Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday

Further information

I offer parenting workshops and advice for parents in how to support their young people and their mental wellness. Offering parenting advice and support as well as tips on how to talk to their young person.

I offer workshops to schools including:

  • ‘Developing self-esteem’ for ages 13-16 Max. 6 per group
  • ‘Mindfulness and relaxation’ for ages 13-16 Max. 6 per group
  • ‘Managing anxiety’ individual sessions aged 12+
  • ‘Understanding self-harm’ workshops for parents


Type of session

In person
Home visits

Types of client

Young people
Older adults

Key details

DBS check

In England and Wales, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly known as CRB) carry out criminal records checks for individuals working with vulnerable groups, such as children. To find out more, visit gov.uk , or contact this professional directly

Online platforms