Julia Pracy MFETC (Dip) MNCS (Acc)
I am fully qualified Emotional Therapeutic Counsellor. I work with adults, young people and children suffering emotional turmoil in their lives.
Most of us at some point in our lives experience feelings and emotions that we can’t make sense of. These emotions can be brought about by a crisis, long term situation, persistent unhappiness, depression, apathy or difficulties in relating to others.
I also specialise in sexual identity, lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender issues. I listen with understanding, without judgement, and help and assist my clients discover their true self.
I listen and validate my clients feelings with warmth and empathy by creating a safe place for them to grow, and feel truly good about themselves.
EMOTIONAL THERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING:
Emotional Therapeutic Counselling is a therapy which helps to explore our feelings and emotions and it is our feelings and emotions which predominantly drive our behaviours. By using a variety of creative techniques I help clients to recognise and release their true feelings and emotions to assist in their healing process.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our training programme is thorough and professional and has been accredited by the National Counselling Society.
- I am an accredited member and hold a Diploma in Emotional Therapeutic Counselling.
- I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (this means our training has been assessed and approved by the National Counselling Society).
- I am registered with the Counselling Directory.
- I am committed to regular supervision and professional development.
- My life experiences have led me to firmly believe in the importance of emotional health and well-being.
- I started my early career in the RAF as a Physical Training Instructor.
- I have worked for approximately 25 years in the medical industry as a Key Account Manager selling medical and pharmaceutical drugs and devices into the NHS.
- I married in 2014 and live in the Cotswolds with my wife, dog and two cats.
- Family and friends are very precious to me.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
I offer a free 30 minute consultation. I also offer concessions to those in financial hardship
Emotional Therapeutic Counselling offers a gentle approach into discovering your true self. By talking and using a range of effective techniques I assist my clients to both recognise and realise their painful feelings in an appropriate manner. This is done by working with their feelings and emotions rather than the mind.
I personally hold the belief that emotional wellbeing is the key to a contented, fulfilling life. My aim is to bring my clients to a wholeness of mind, body and spirit.
Find out more by visiting the following websites:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to arrange an appointment.
Types of client