Hello and welcome, my name is Judith and I have been working as a relationship counsellor and therapist for over 20 years.
- Are you looking for someone to talk to, someone who will listen to you in a caring, respectful and confidential way?
- Are you having relationship difficulties or struggling to cope with the current changes in your circumstances?
- Are you are in pain or depressed and concerned more generally about your life and the way that you are in the world.
- Are you are feeling stuck and recognise that you often find yourself in similar situations that don't feel helpful to you.
Please look at my website for much more information about the therapy I offer and why and how this might be what you are looking for just now. www.judithridley
if you decide to phone or email me, we can arrange an initial appointment over the phone or via zoom, where we can meet and decide if we would like to begin working together.
Choosing the right therapist is an important step and I include a link to a website which may offer you some guidance at this point.
I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology and Health Science
- Cert Couple Counselling (3 year training with Relate)
- Foundation in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling/Psychotherapy (1 year training with Bath Centre Psychotherapy Counselling)
- Diploma in Gestalt Therapy (4 year training with Edinburgh Gestalt Institute)
- Member of GPTI (Gestalt Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Member of BACP (British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy)
My initial training was in relationship counselling (Relate) an area I worked in from 1999 to 2005.
After that I worked with adults, couples and adolescents, in both voluntary and employed capacities.
Subsequent training in Psychotherapy, with the Edinburgh Gestalt Institute led me into private practice which is my main work now, alongside offering supervisory assistance on current psychotherapy training courses.
I work to the code of ethical practice laid down by GPTI http://www.gpti.org.uk/pdf/codeofethics2010.pdf.
I have full professional indemnity insurance.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge 50.00 for a one hour session and am offering some concession places just now.
Concessions offered for
I work from home in the beautiful and tranquil setting of Glenalmond College Campus. Situated alongside the 'Sma Glen' alongside the river Almond, this really is one of the most stunning areas of Perthshire. See photos.
Glenalmond is located approximately 25 minutes driving from the amenities of Perth, 15 minutes from Crieff and 35 minutes from the centre of Aberfeldy.