Judith Ridley - BSc hons Psychology, Dip Gestalt Therapy, Cert Relate
- Do you want to talk to someone who you can trust, someone who will work with you in a caring, respectful and confidential way?
With many years experience, I work with adults of all ages who struggle in some or all areas of their lives.
- Are you having relationship difficulties or struggling to cope with a specific event or situation? Or perhaps you feel anxious or concerned more generally about your life and the way that you are in the world.
A confidential space where you can talk and be listened to in a non judgemental way.
- Perhaps you are feeling stuck, or recognise that you repeatedly get into similar situations that don't feel helpful to you.
Therapy seeks to help us move forward with our lives and help us understand why our old ways of thinking may not have solved our problems. By working in the here and now of the difficulty you face, we can discover new ways of moving forward. By gaining more control and choice over the way we live our lives, we can also find greater happiness.
What does therapy involve?
- Therapy may involve a short course of sessions or it may require a more long-term commitment. Sessions are usually once a week and last for 1 hour.
- You may not know at the outset how long you will need or what exactly the work will be about. Perhaps you only know that you 'want things to change'. This is not a problem; talking together about the progress of therapy as we go, will help you become more aware of what you need.
What happens next?
Once you phone or email me, we can arrange an initial appointment where we can meet and decide if we would like to begin working together.
Choosing the right therapist is an important step and I include a link to a website which may offer you some guidance at this point.
I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology and Health Science
- Cert Couple Counselling (3 year training with Relate)
- Foundation in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling/Psychotherapy (1 year training with Bath Centre Psychotherapy Counselling)
- Diploma in Gestalt Therapy (4 year training with Edinburgh Gestalt Institute)
- Member of GPTI (Gestalt Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Member of BACP (British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy)
My initial training was in relationship counselling (Relate) an area I worked in from 1999 to 2005.
After that I worked with adults, couples and adolescents, in both voluntary and employed capacities.
Subsequent training in Psychotherapy, with the Edinburgh Gestalt Institute led me into private practice which is my main work now, alongside offering supervisory assistance on current psychotherapy training courses.
I work to the code of ethical practice laid down by GPTI http://www.gpti.org.uk/pdf/codeofethics2010.pdf.
I have full professional indemnity insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
I charge £50 for a one hour session.
Glenalmond is located approximately 25 minutes driving from the centre of Perth and 20 minutes from the centre of Crieff.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have availability on Mondays and Tuesdays. I offer early morning (from 7.30 am) on both days and have evening appointments available on Tuesday (latest one being 7.30 pm).
Types of client