Joanne Petri MBACP, Dip.Counsellor
Adolescent / Young Persons Counsellor
I am a qualified and practising Integrative Counsellor, I have been working in schools with young people, age ranging from 5-16 years old for 13 years.
I have supported young people through bereavement, loss, family separation/divorce, domestic violence within the household, sibling rivalry, anxiety, attachment, eating disorders, stress, parental difficulties, phobias, OCD, Social anxiety, isolation, low self esteem, low self image, bullying, friendship/relationship difficulties, education and behavioural problems.
I am happy to offer an introductory session, this would be to see whether I would be the right counsellor for you or your child to work with, we can then arrange to meet on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have been a practising Integrative Counsellor for 13 years.
- I have an ABC Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- NSPCC training
- I have been a Family Support Worker and worked systemically with families within an educational setting.
- Past experience of working for the Samaritans
- Childline (NSPCC) on the telephone support line, talking to children/young people.
- Working with mindfulness and relaxation techniques
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
After an initial introductory session (free) to see whether the counselling I provide and myself is the right decision for you.
Thereafter fees would be £35.00 per session. (50 minutes)
I am happy for you to contact me anytime and If I am unavailable I can call you back.
Or You can let me know by leaving a message when a suitable time that is convenient for you
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
monday - sunday 9am - 8pm
Types of client