Hello. Thank you for visiting my profile. I am a qualified and experienced psychotherapist and counsellor with over ten years experience. Sometimes it is confusing to know what is making us feel the way we do. Exploring the unknown can be daunting. Issues from the past or present that are unresolved, can keep us trapped in cycles of thought and behaviour or crippled by fear about the future. We can find all sorts of ways of avoiding painful feelings or reality. We might deny it or make it go away with addictive substances such as alcohol, drugs, food or hurting ourselves. Whatever the issue and whatever your way of coping, my invitation is to work together to uncover what it is that blocks you from being who you truly are or doing what you truly want.
I have lived and worked abroad in many diverse cultures and understand the challenges of living in another country and finding a place in another culture. I used to work in warzones and famines with displaced and traumatised populations. Many things can leave us feeling traumatised. It may be something which seems obvious such as being in an accident or being attacked or witnessing an event your found terrifying. It could also be any combination of psychological, emotional, sexual or spiritual abuse. It may be something you remember or something you don't and your body may be reacting by producing a range of seemingly unrelated and perhaps confusing symptoms.
Over the last few years I have turned my focus particularly to working with trauma, working with both traumatised children and adults. Looking at traumatic material can feel extremely daunting, however together we can monitor and gradually work to release you from the impact of the trauma so that you can respond to the world as it is, rather than continuing to respond to an event that has already happened and that you have survived already.
The body and mind respond to trauma in a broad variety of ways. Trauma survivors often have symptoms rather than memories. The body may respond to a trigger which on the surface is not associated with the original trauma but which may have become unconsciously associated so that you find yourself constantly being activated into a fight, flight or freeze response in your daily life, when in fact no threat is present. You may find yourself suddenly feeling as if you are back in the event or alternatively feeling numb and almost absent from your life. These are normal symptoms of trauma and they can be worked through. The good news is that you don't have to continue to live that way!
I also have a lot of experience of working with eating disorders and as I am also a qualified nutritionist, and can help you with food issues from both psychological and physiological perspectives.
Taking the first step can be the hardest. To talk in confidence with no obligation about your needs, please give me a call. I look forward to talking to you!
Training, qualifications & experience
I started my therapeutic training in 2003.
- Masters in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy (Distinction) -University of East London
- Post-graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling & Therapy-University of East London & Psychosynthesis & Education Trust
- Masters in Human Nutrition (Distinction) - University of Sheffield
- I am a psychotherapist in private practice and have worked with different people on a very broad range of issues. I also have a special interest in trauma and dissociation and have a lot of experience in this area.
- I have worked with a wide range of issues with adults, young people and couples at Cotswold Counselling, and in private practice.
- Working with adults with: autism, a range of learning differences; variety of syndromes for Novalis Trust.
- Working with young people between 11-19 with emotional and behavioural difficulties for Novalis Trust.
- Workshop trainer in severe trauma and dissociation and self-harm
- Group facilitator
Areas of Expertise
- All kinds of trauma
- Childhood Abuse
- Depression and loss of meaning
- Eating disorders
- Stress and anger
- Relationship issues
- Life crisis
- Personal Development
- Spiritual emergence
- Nutrition related issues also covered
Kinds of therapy offered:
- Integrative and transpersonal
- Short term, brief focused therapy
- Long term therapy
I continually undertake further training and follow new developments to continually improve my practice and keep up to date with what might help you. I work in a very integrated fashion and may use a variety of techniques along with talking. For me, a strong and trusting relationship between you and I is the key to gentle and lasting change.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£50 for initial session (1 hour) followed by:
£50 for follow up sessions (50 mins) before 6 pm
£55 for follow up sessions 6 pm onwards.
90 minutes sessions are also available at £90 per session
£60 for initial assessment (1 hour) followed by:
£60 per hour before 6pm
£65 per hour after 6pm onwards
90 minute sessions are also available at £90 per session
I operate a sliding scale and some concessions are available.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time and evening appointment.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|