My name is Iva I am fully accredited and qualified psychotherapist.
I believe that any kind of therapy is difficult, but when it comes to emotional issues; not only are there lots of options but the selection process becomes more complex because we are in a place in which we feel vulnerable, anxious and maybe even confused. Emotional turmoil can be brought on by a current crisis, persistent long term problems, depression, anxiety, difficulty in relationships or other emotional problems. For our own protection we often bury or deny what it is we are feeling, these suppressed emotions then form the blocks or filters through which we live our lives and limit our true potential.
Counselling helps my clients to heal emotional pain, bringing a sense of liberation and personal growth giving them a greater understanding of who they are. I can offer a safe, supportive and confidential space, where you can feel heard and understood. Time will be dedicated to your thoughts and feelings during your sessions, where you can work at your own pace to find solutions and peace through your challenging and distressing time. We will work through them together, reinforcing your inner strength and resources to alleviate anxiety, depression, feelings of being overwhelmed, whilst improving your self-esteem and achieving personal growth.
Training, qualifications & experience
- July /2017 Certificate Counselling skills for Young People
- Sep/2015 – Lever 3 Award in Education and Training 6502 (City & Guild)
- Sep/2013-June 2015- Ba (Hons) Humanistic counselling, Chichester University.
- Jan/2008- Advance Diploma in Individual and Couple therapy, Psychodynamic and Systemic Theory, Relate Institute awarded by University of Hull.
- Sep/2007- July/2008 Counselling skills, part 1 and 2, Crawley College.
- Sep/2005- May/2006 Exploring Psychology, Open University.
- Sep/2004-Sep/2005 Social Science part 1 and 2, Open University.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Individuals £40 per session
Couples therapy £50 per session
Young people £30 per session
Counselling students £35 per session
All sessions are 50 min.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and weekend appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|