I am a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor working with adults and adolescents from 14 years upwards. Having worked in Secondary schools for many years, both teaching and offering counselling support, I have particular experience supporting teenagers with a range of issues.
I offer a safe, calm and confidential space to explore your presenting issues and explore your emotions without judgement, working at a pace that is right for you to find new ways to move forward and improve your life.
My approach is Integrative in that I use a number of recognised methodologies in a way that is appropriate for your specific needs. These include Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, CBT, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and Hypnotherapy approaches.
I offer brief counselling and longer term therapy. I have full Professional Civil Liability Insurance and I hold a current enhanced DBS certificate. I also have comprehensive safeguarding and child protection training. I have recently undertaken training for online video counselling in response to the current need to move my practice online until such a time face to face counselling can resume.
As an accredited member of the National Counselling Society I adhere to their ethical framework. I undertake regular supervision to ensure professional and ethical practice.
The quality of the relationship between counsellor and client is central to the process of healing. By providing an empathic presence and developing trust, I will help you gain a deeper understanding of how your past experiences and present choices might be impacting your current situation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Aim Award Level 3 Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education
- BA Hons Degree in Drama and Education
- Comprehensive Safeguarding and Child Protection Training
- Online Counselling training
- Over 160 hours experience providing 1:1 counselling support for student (14-18 years old) within a secondary school setting
- Bereavement support for children(5-12) years old at the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice (voluntary)
- Over 6 years experience providing small group and 1:1 literacy teaching, language and behaviour support within secondary schools
- Experience working closely with other professionals and service providers. These include Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- Free 15 minute initial telephone consultation
- £50 per 50 minute session (face to face counselling)
- £40 per 50 minute session (video counselling during Covid-19 Pandemic restrictions)
* As part of the Key Worker Counselling programme and in view of the Covid-19 pandemic, I offer free assessment to all Key Worker clients either over the phone or via video. Thereafter I offer a reduced fee of £30 per 50 minute session. This rate will apply to at least the first 8 sessions.
I am able to take on new clients. Available time slots to be discussed upon enquiry.