Eleanor Koike Reg.MBACP, MBPsS
NHS & private practice Reg.MBACP psychotherapist working within walking distance to London Bridge, Borough and Southwark stations.
Counselling is a space to talk, think and be listened to in confidence with a professional who will respect you and the difficulties you are experiencing.
In a safe and confidential setting, I offer:
- Short term and long term counselling
- Warm, open and non-judgmental support based on your specific needs.
- Experience and knowledge of helping individuals with a wide range of difficulties, from feelings of depression and anxiety, stress & panic, low self esteem, relationship issues, family issues, bereavement and work problems.
I understand each individual has unique needs and experiences that they bring with them and it is important to give each person the space to tell their own story so that we can identify the best approach to working together.
Perhaps you would like to focus on a specific issue in your life. Or maybe you would like to take the time to explore more deep rooted issues that seem to be affecting your ability to cope in the present. I believe the insight you gain from our work together will enable you to feel more stable in your life and more capable of living it the way that you desire. Working with the right counsellor for you can bring about lasting, positive change.
Taking the first step of making contact can often feel like the hardest part of the process. It is normal to feel nervous and sometimes that anxiety can convince us not to pursue therapy. In my experience, counselling can benefit any individual. We all deserve the chance to be heard and understood. I am happy to speak to you on the phone or via email to start with and take it from there.
I offer an initial consultation which is an opportunity to see how therapy might benefit you, explore your individual needs and answer any questions you may have. You are under no obligation to continue after this session and what we discuss is private and confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a psychodynamic psychotherapist with the following memberships, qualifications and experience:
- Professional member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
- MA in Counselling from Goldsmiths University (Distinction)
- MA in Psychology from the University of St Andrews
- Further training in; postnatal depression and perinatal mental health, working with trauma, sibling issues, creative therapy
- I have extensive experience as a counsellor in the NHS, charity, community service and education sector working with adults, young adults and children.
I receive regular supervision and personal therapy to maintain high professional and ethical standards. I also attend yearly CPD training to continue my education and practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
I believe counselling should be accessible to all and I try my hardest to offer sessions as a reasonable rate.
Initial assessment - £40
Ongoing session fees (50 minutes) - From £60 (Some concessionary rates available on an individual basis, please enquire)
Below are just some of the reasons people may seek counselling:
- Seeking change without knowing why or how to bring it about
- Feeling anxious, sad or worried about specific situations or life in general
- During times of loss, loneliness or bereavement of a loved one
- Feelings of anger, stress or frustration
- Questioning your identity, purpose, sexuality and relationships
- Difficulties in your relationships - at home or at work
- Struggling to move past experiences, relationships and situations that may be traumatic, distressing or a mixture of unmanageable emotions
- Specific issues you are trying to overcome such as eating disorders and addiction
I am committed to offering counselling to all individuals regardless of race, culture, sexual orientation or social and economic background so I try my best to provide a service tailored to the individual.
Please contact me via phone or email or have a look at my website to find out more information or if you have any enquiries.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client