Dominic Quinn Registered Member MBACP (Accredited) PgDip,MSc
I can offer you the space that you might need to work through anything that is upsetting you or causing you distress as well as traumas of all kinds This can be face to face , on line via text, instant messaging or video chat or a blended approach that suits you.
What’s important is the safe space I provide for you to say whatever you like where you experience reflections that are safe and led by you.
We discuss how counselling might help you and the issues which you might want to begin to talk about so that we can agree, between us, on a way of working, bearing in mind my person centred approach , with CBT interventions where you agree it is helpful and the reasons that might bring you to counselling.
I am also trained to deliver a Trauma Focused-CBT (TF-CBT) course if that is how you would prefer to work and I can explain more if you would like to contact by email.
As an accredited member of the BACP you are assured that my practice meets the BACP higher standard as a competent , ethical and independent practitioner.
While often more than one issue can be present when someone is in distress, the kinds of issues clients have brought to counselling with me include depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), abuse, anger-management, dissociation, post psychosis recovery, self-harm and suicidal feelings. There are many more and I would encourage you to contact me initially to discuss your needs.
On line counselling
I also provide counselling services on line. Online counselling is an alternative way to get support from a professional counsellor. It is an opportunity to explore difficulties, express feelings and untangle troubles in a safe, professional space without judgement. Perhaps you have difficulties with mobility or prefer to communicate by text or via skype live chat or instant messaging. On line counselling can provide professional and effective counselling without meeting in person. You might even prefer a blended approach where some of the sessions are on line and some in person.
What Can On Line Counselling Help With
Online counselling may be able to help with a wide range of issues including, , abuse, anxiety, stress, depression, eating difficulties, loneliness, relationship problems, bereavement, self-esteem, sexual orientation, sexual abuse, discrimination, traumas and many more.
However not all types of issues can be resolved through online counselling and I will advise you if face to face counselling, or some other form of support might be more suitable for you. Where I consider that online counselling would not be the most suitable means of support I will make every effort to assist you in a referral to a suitable alternative source of support.
If you choose webcam sessions, we can meet on Skype www.skype.com or an alternate video service such as Vsee.
If we work together on Skype it can be by text or live session as you prefer. We will agree an appointment time for you and I will meet you on Skype at that time for 1 hour.
It’s important to ensure you have sufficient privacy and safety when in skype counselling or composing a counselling email so I would recommend you choose somewhere that you are unlikely to be disturbed or that others can view your screen while typing.
Similarly, I will respect your privacy where no one can see my computer screen, I am the sole user of it and it is password protected with up to date anti-virus and firewall protection.
I am a qualified Supervisor and work within the BACP ethical framework offering both individual and group supervision. You can have confidence in receiving appropriate and ethical supervision. Just contact me for more information.
I am an accredited and registered member of the BACP and work to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice, a copy of which can be made available or found at www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/.
We discuss how counselling might help you and the issues which you might want to begin to talk about so that we can agree, between us, on a way of working, bearing in mind my person centred approach and the reasons that might bring you to counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
- MSc Biomolecular Organisation (Distinction)
- PgDiploma Counselling and Psychotherapy (Level 7)
- PgCertificate Evidence Based Practice - CBT (Level 7)
- Certificate in Rewind Therapy - Human Givens Institute
- Certificate in Understanding Anxiety & PTSD - Human Givens Institute
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (2011/2012
- Certificate in On Line counselling skills (with distinction)
- Certificate in delivering Trauma Focused CBT (TF-CBT)
- Diploma in Supervision
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- In Person Counselling (Kendal)
- Initial meeting for in person counselling– Free (half an hour)
- Weekly session in person (Kendal)- £40 (one hour per week)
- Advance book 6 sessions £ 35 x 6
- On Line Counselling
- Counselling sessions 1 hr - Live Skype £ 40
- Advance book 6 sessions or more 1 hr £ 35
- Text counselling 1 x Sheet A 4 (or 1 hr typing) £ 40
- Supervision - £40 per hour - Discounts for Students
I accept payment by Cash, PayPal, MasterCard, Maestro & Visa and BACS transfer
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and early morning and some evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|