Diahanna Clarke MBACP
I am an experienced and qualified Integrative Counsellor/ Psychotherapist who tailors my skills, techniques and what type of therapy to work with according to my clients needs.
I bring warmth and insight to my therapeutic work, which enables me to engage with my clients and work productively to help them reach their goal. I enjoy the work I do immensely as I help my clients to restart their lives again, gain self awareness and lead a more satisfying and fulfilling life. I have a passion for people, their minds and their well being and understanding of the difference that can be made to an individual once given the right support and a safe environment where they can express themselves with no judgement, empathy and confidentiality and as a member of the British Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors I work to their Ethical Framework.
Sometimes life throws different obstacles in our way, these issues can be a result of many things, trauma, bereavement, relationship difficulties, problems at work, school, anxiety, depression, addictions, eating disorders, anger issues, low self esteem, loss of direction in life or even embarking on making major changes to your life, etc. Any of these situations that come about can be difficult, frightening and stressful for an individual.
I also work with Narcissistic Victim Syndrome and Narcissitic Personality Disorder.
This is where I could be of help to you as I use a variation of therapies according to your needs. To ascertain how we will work together initially I would invite you for a 30 minute assessment/ consultation which is free of charge. From there you can decide if you feel I am the right Therapist for you and we can discuss how you would like to move forward.
The therapeutic approaches I use are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Approach, Person-Centred Approach, Gestalt Approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Cert. Hybrid Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Impact of Parental Mental Health on Children & Young People.
- Domestic Violence.
- Working with Families Affected by Drug & Alcohol Use.
- Working with Drug & Alcohol Users.
- Safeguarding children: sexual exploitation.
- Intercultural Counselling.
- Sexual Abuse.
- Narcissistic Victim Syndrome (or Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome)
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
- Understanding Complex Trauma
- Understanding Hoarding Disorder
- The Four Styles of Attachment
- Strategies for Navigating OCD
- Couples Therapy
I work with a wide range of people with varied social backgrounds and issues. Dealing with here and now issues, their past, exploring their thoughts, feelings and behavioural patterns enabling them to gain awareness and to help my clients to maintain their continuous progress we can put together a Relapse Prevention Plan where necessary.
I've worked in Community based centres, Family Support and Assessment Units
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I actively continue to train in the most up to date and effective therapies to keep myself able to facilitate any counselling session.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
My fees are
Face to Face £55 a session (50 mins)
Skype £50 a session (50 mins)
Telephone £50 a session (50 mins)
Concessions apply for students
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|