Kym Dalley Registered MBACP, Accredited registered Rewind trauma practitioner
I am an experienced BACP registered counsellor working in private practice. I offer a warm, respectful and confidential therapeutic relationship, working with both long and short term clients. I have worked in a wide variety of settings delivering counselling such as Primary Care Mental Health, Cruse, Mind, a sexual abuse and rape centre and private practice where I have acquired valuable experience in a number of specialist areas.
I currently work with private and corporate clients with a wide range of client concerns including trauma, depression, bereavement, anxiety and relationship difficulties. It is extremely important to me that clients experience a safe space where they feel heard and understood.
‘ Through using skilful questioning and listening skills , Kym allowed me to explore some difficult feelings and to move on from painful past experiences. Kym creates a safe environment in which your thoughts and words are valued . My self esteem and self worth have improved a great deal due to attending counselling sessions with Kym. I also have a better understanding of myself’.
I understand the importance of working carefully with trauma, helping clients to manage difficult trauma symptoms and vitally how to moderate an appropriate pace and intensity of sessions to suit the client. As an Accredited Rewind Practitioner registered with IARTT (International Association for Rewind Trauma Therapy), I use specialist skills to help clients who are experiencing the after effects of trauma. Rewind trauma therapy is an internationally recognised treatment for flashbacks, PTSD and phobias. Many clients have found that this treatment has enabled them to move on dramatically from reliving traumatic events.
‘ I would definitely encourage any one thinking about counselling to go for it and I can highly recommend rewind therapy personally. I suffered flashbacks for over 30 years from a traumatic childhood, it’s really worked for me , no more nightmares and no flash backs. I have to really think about those events now not like before counselling where they occupied so much of my thoughts’.
Click here for Further information about REWIND
I respect the uniqueness of every individual, believing in the potential that we all possess to find our own way forward. I offer clients the option of exploring their concerns through a range of creative means if they choose to.
I am fully insured, hold an enhanced DBS check ,attend regular supervision sessions and adhere to the BACP's ethical guidelines. I attend a variety of ongoing training opportunities as a commitment to my continued professional development. Having experience of working with people with a broad range of specific learning and physical disabilities, I feel that this is knowledge and experience that I also bring to the counselling relationship. Where necessary I am able to modify counselling to suit a range of individual needs.
Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions about the counselling process, I understand that it will be important for you to find the right counsellor who you feel able to work with.
We all experience difficult times, sometimes we may feel a sense of being lost or unable to negotiate a way forward. Counselling can provide a much needed space, a time that is truly ours. A safe place where we can feel free to talk about our difficulties, challenges and concerns without fear of judgment. This can free us to explore our feelings, consider options and make changes if this would be helpful. Everyone is different, so everyone's counselling journey looks different. Some people only require support for a short time but others may need longer term help. During counselling, many clients find that they begin to develop strategies for dealing with difficulties and new perspectives can often emerge. Many clients describe feeling that they have regained some sense of control over their situations and experience a greater understanding of themselves, their needs, their value and their strengths. I feel a great sense of privilege as I join these clients as they embark on these very personal journeys.
There are occasions when it may be difficult to access face to face counselling for a number of reasons ; Zoom video sessions or telephone counselling can provide a convenient option in some situations. Please feel free to email me if you have questions about these options, I'd be happy to answer them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Cruse: Awareness in Bereavement Care
- University of South Wales : 'Working with adults who have been sexually abused'
- EFT practitioner level 2 ( Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Registered Accredited Rewind Practitioner
- Multiple training with Place2Be specifically related to work with children.
- Telephone counselling training; working with long and short term clients.
- ASIST Training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
- Advanced Mental Health Awareness.
- Public Health Wales: Mental Health first Aid training.
- Sexual Violence and Substance Misuse training.
- Cruse Sudden & Traumatic Death additional training.
- Cruse a child's Grief additional training.
- Brief intervention therapy training.
- Protection of vulnerable adults training.
- Safeguarding children and young people.
- working with eating disorders training.
- Personality Disorders training
- Alcohol and the over 50's training.
- Sexuality and gender diversity training
- Understanding the impact of vicarious trauma.
- School counsellor / 2 years in a primary school setting.
- Cruse bereavement support worker / 18 months
- Mind volunteer counsellor working in a primary care mental health setting for two and a half years , Mind commissioned counsellor working with private clients several years.
- 5 years in Private practice with private and corporate clients.
- New Pathways counsellor working with adults who have experienced sexual abuse/ rape 18 months.
- 3 years experience working with a range of Special Educational Needs.
- Monitoring clients mental health in a GP setting.
- Supporting front line workers and emergency service personnel
- I offer support to a wide variety of organisations / employee referrals
- 2 years experience providing Clinical Supervision to therapists and other professionals.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Experience in working closely with individuals with a broad range of specific learning disabilities.
- £50 Per hourly session
- The first session will be to assess your situation and difficulties, allow time for any questions you may have and will provide us with the opportunity to see if I am the right counsellor for you
- Telephone counselling sessions as per face to face fees (payable by bank transfer in advance)
- Counselling students compulsory sessions: concessional rate £35
- I am committed to helping people access professional psychological help and therefore have a limited number of spaces available for reduced fee clients at £30.00 per session. Please note that proof of unemployment or financial hardship is required. There is currently a short waiting list for this provision.
I currently work in the centre of Merthyr Tydfil, in a private, comfortable and easily accessible room within short walking distance of ample parking. The building is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
I will have some daytime availability on Tuesdays ,Wednesdays and occasionally Friday for clients in Brecon in a central venue. Please note: there is no disabled access at this venue.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about supervision provision.