Clive Huntbach, MSc Couns/Psych, PG Cert Supervision, MBACP(reg)
43 Temple Row
Throughout life we all face many challenges. I work with individuals to assist in facilitating change and improving relationships with self and others. Contact me on 07967581453 for Individual Counselling and Supervision.
I work with individuals to assist in facilitating change and improving relationships with self, others, and the wider community.
I offer a safe contracted process where you can explore concerns, difficulties, and anxieties in a caring and understanding relationship. You can explore issues as deeply as you wish, in an atmosphere of respect, safety, and acceptance. The counselling process can help you to develop your own inner resources to live your life in a more satisfying and meaningful way.
I use an integrative approach to counselling that is primarily using a person centred perspective. I am a Registered Member (Registration number 051200), of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and follow their ethical framework for good practice.
1-1 and Group
I offer safe and contracted supervision to individuals or small groups, where you can explore concerns and difficulties about your counselling practice in an atmosphere of respect, safety, and acceptance. I employ Hawkins and Shoet’s seven eyed model, which forms the basis of the sessions, while using an integrative approach coming from a person centred perspective.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP and follow their ethical framework for good practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since the year 2000 I have run my own private counselling practice, working with various presenting issues including:
- Loss and bereavement
- Sexual health
I am an experienced counsellor with more than 17 years’ experience of counselling, working in a variety of settings and running a private practice. I hold a Master degree in Counselling Psychology, a post-graduate certificate in Counselling Supervision, and a post-graduate certificate and diploma in Counselling. I started my career in residential social care, working with children and young people in the 1990’s before moving into mid-management. Having worked with Counsellors and Psychotherapists in social care, I went on to complete my Counselling training. Using the experience of both areas, I went on to teach Health and Social Care up to Level 3 and Counselling and Psychotherapy up to Master’s Level, both in Further and Higher Education. I have significant experience of working with sexuality and people affected by HIV, marginalised people, including the homeless, ex-offenders and substance misusers, as well as LGBT-related issues and concerns. stress, anxiety and work related issues.
Training and Qualifications
My professional Counselling and Supervision training has all been completed at Keele University. I continue to update my skills with regular relevant CPD training in accordance with BACP's requirements.
- Master of Science in Counselling Psychology (Keele University. 2009)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling (Keele University. 2001)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling (Keele University. 1999)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Keele University. 2012)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- £50 per 1 hour session*- Birmingham
- £40 per 1 hour session - Crewe
- £60 per 1.5 hour session*
- Student counsellors supervision £30 per hour session*
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Saturday 10am - 7pm Other times negotiable.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
In 2001, I qualified as counsellor after completion of the training at Keele University.View supervision profile