Clayton Elliott MNCS (Prof Accred)
As a therapist, I'm here to work with people in distress to help them live a more fulfilling life. Whether you're struggling with relationship issues, anxiety or deeper worries from the past, I have a wealth of experience to help you.
I believe that with the right support, we all have the power to make positive changes in our lives. As one of my clients said, my job is to be an 'emotional GPS' and I can be there to help you navigate the difficulties you face so that you can get where you want to go.
My counselling style is rooted in the Person-Centred Approach. I start with the belief that, with the right support, we all have the ability to move towards a more fulfilling and satisfying way of being and living our lives.
Although my core training is in the Person-Centred Approach, I have a keen interest in other approaches, including mindfulness, eco-therapy and existentialism, which may be helpful for some people.
Although counselling is traditionally provided as weekly 50-minute sessions I believe in offering flexibility. We can have one-off sessions to simply talk through a pressing issue, or arrange regular ongoing sessions to delve a little deeper.
As well as working privately, I am the Managing Director and Senior Counsellor with the charity 'Counselling for Social Change'. In the past I have also volunteered for Addaction (Drug & Alcohol recovery) and worked with GamCare (Gambling Addiction).
I am a Registered and Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society and adhere to their Ethical Framework. In addition to being a counsellor, I hold a degree in Sociology and Writing and am an experienced Cooperative and Community Development Worker. Beyond the counselling room, I am a father, musician and writer and have worked and volunteered for environmental and community organisations for most of my adult life.
You can now book online - https://headontherapy.com/booking/
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision - CPCAB
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS (Prof Accred))
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
- B.A. (Distinction) in Sociology & Writing - Monash University, Australia.
- Certificate - Introduction to Philosophy - University of London
- Epistemology - University of London
- Certificate of Achievement - The Science of Happiness - University of California, Berkley
- Certificate of Achievement - Philosophy and Critical Thinking - University of Queensland
- Safeguarding Adults – Levels 1 & 2 – National Skills Academy
- Trauma: the challenge of our age? – BACP Webcast
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – LivingWorks
- Working with Problem Gambling (Induction) - Certificate - GamCare
- Solihull Parenting Approach (Foundation Course) - Certificate - Solihull NHS Care
- Founder & Managing Director - Counselling for Social Change
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My standard fees is £40 per session.
I do offer reduced rate sessions for key workers, students and those on benefits. Please get in touch for details.
Concessions offered for
My face-to-face services are available in Penzance and Truro and I can also offer Phone and Online-based counselling sessions.