I am an experienced psychodynamic psychotherapist, working with adults and young people, with a variety of presenting issues on both a time-limited and open-ended basis, both individually and in groups, in various settings: within CAMHS NHS, within a school, a university counselling service, a mental health charity and in a private practice setting.
Sometimes it can be difficult to know why we are feeling unhappy, dissatisfied with life, anxious or depressed. During our first meeting, we can think together about what it is that may be troubling you and how counselling can help you. It is important that you feel that we are able to work together and we can decide between us what you would like to explore or focus on. As a psychodynamic therapist, I can help you to understand underlying problems by exploring unconscious processes, as well as helping you with conscious issues.
My counselling room is a safe, comfortable and confidential space, in Rushden. I am available at this practice on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I have a wealth of experience of working with people of all ages, backgrounds, with diverse gender and sexuality issues and with severe and enduring mental health issues. I have attended training on reporting anti-LGBT+ Hate Crime, hosted by Northants Rights & Equality Council
I have a particular interest and specialism in working with:
*people with anger difficulties
* LGBTQ clients
* clients who have experienced childhood trauma and loss
* people with identity issues
* people with relationship issues.
In addition to individual counselling, I also offer therapeutic organisational consultation and group facilitation. I work therapeutically with academic and pastoral staff in schools and with fostering agencies. I work with staff and young people/adults both in groups and individually.
I also offer clinical supervision to individuals and groups as well as mentoring to therapists and health care professionals who may wish to explore the emotional impact of their work. I am also able to promote professional growth by looking an unconscious processes impacting on progress personally and professionally.
I offer online counselling, psychotherapy and supervision for individuals and groups. Please contact me to discuss, if you are interested in working with me in this way, for further information on this approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Leicester
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Registered and Accredited Member of the BACP, working within their Ethical Framework
- A qualified teacher (QTS)
- Child and Adolescent Psychological Therapist ( Band 7) Senior Clinician, Gender Identity Lead & Co-Lead of Trauma Pathway in the Specialist Core CAMHS NHS Northampton
- A Bank Adult Psychotherapist working on behalf of NHS in a private practice setting
- previously a member core team of counsellors in a university setting and Counsellor Duty Officer (2013-2018)
- An experienced Lecturer, clinical supervisor and tutor on Cert HE in Counselling, BA in Integrative Counselling and MA in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Leicester
- Experience of setting up and managing a school counselling service and counselling students within a school setting (11-16 year olds)
- Experienced Director, Clinical Lead and Head of Service at Northampton Counselling Service (2015-2017)
- DBS checked with full Indemnity Insurance
- Trained and experienced in Safeguarding and PREVENT (radicalisation training) for both children and vulnerable adults
- Equality and Diversity trained
- Level 3 qualification in Education and Training
- completed an online training in supervision and counselling and psychotherapy for both individuals and groups
- Named counsellor and therapist for Northampton Leisure Trust
- Working with Employee Assist Programme
- Bupa registered psychotherapist
- Work Place Options Psychotherapist
- experienced in working short-term (6 sessions) and with longer and open ended contracts.
- Currently clinical supervisor to an organisation working with adults and young people experiencing Sexual Exploitation
- Mentor to a Manager of a Counselling Programme in Bedfordshire
- Completed a Diploma in Mindfulness Facilitation, Coaching and Relaxation
- Qualified EMDR psychotherapist and a registered member of EMDR UK
- Qualification in Mentalisation Based Treatment for Adolescents ( MBT-A) with The Anna Freud Centre
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £75.00 to £85.00
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
My fee is £75 per fifty-minute session ( £85 for EMDR). Please feel free to leave a message or send an email- my phone may be switched off if I am in session with a client.
- I currently have availability for appointments Monday to Friday 9-5:30pm with some availability in the evening.
I am committed to continuing professional development having completed a Master's research paper in counselling and psychotherapy entitled "We are human not robots!" How novice psychodynamic practitioners manage challenges to the therapeutic frame and was selected to present my research findings at the BACP Research Conference in May 2015.