Claire Seviour BSc (Hons), FdSc, MBACP (CS Counselling)
I believe in helping clients understand their thoughts and feelings, and to provide the necessary 'tools' to equip them throughout life, because life is ever changing and growing. I provide a safe, comfortable and welcoming space for you to explore your emotions.
Sometimes during therapy you may feel uncomfortable with what is being discussed, however, these are areas of movement, and by being as open, transparent and honest as possible, you could move towards being a lighter and more resilient person.
As an integrative counsellor, there are many ways that we can explore the right therapy for you
Sometimes it is difficult to move forward in life and stay in the present when issues from the past have been suppressed and unheard. I believe you can reconnect with life to find a more peaceful and happier way of being, through therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications for counselling are not only through academic knowledge and training, they also include around 40 years of life experience, both personal and professional. With these combined they continually enforce my ability to empathise and grow as a Counsellor in this everchanging world.
I also undertake regular Supervision and Continued Professional Development on a regular basis.
My qualifications and experience include:-
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Counselling
- Credits at Level 6 in Integration of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Compassion Focused Therapy with Mindfulness
- Foundation Degree in Science in Counselling
- Telephone Counselling Training - Working with Long & Short Term clients
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Dementia Awareness
- Domestic Abuse and Child Protection
- Dyslexia/Neurodiversity Training
- Transactional Analysis
- Equality and Diversity
- Safeguarding Adults
- Understanding Personality Disorder
- Mental Capacity Act
- Solutions for Alcoholism
- Resilience Training skills
- Suicide Intervention skills
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Session costs are £40.00 for an hour.
I offer a free initial telephone conversation before we meet, this is to check that the client is happy with what I can offer and how I work and to ensure that I am also a suitable counsellor for that client.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible in terms of appointments, please enquire regarding your suitability.
I currently do not have availability for Face to Face sessions Monday or Thursday after 2pm.
Types of client