Adriana Gordon - London Private Counselling (PGDip, Reg MBACP)
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist in the City of London (Bank - Monument), helping clients to find more clarity, strength and confidence in themselves.
I offer a safe, confidential and welcoming space for you to explore the issues and challenges in your life. You will be able to talk about your difficulties and we can work together towards the changes you want to see happening.
You will feel understood, respected and valued; able to make decisions and choices that are meaningful to you.
The most common issues I can help you with are: anxiety, stress, relationship issues, depression, addiction, feeling sad, abuse, separation and divorce, grief, bereavement, postnatal depression, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, sexuality, midlife crisis.
Please contact me - via email or phone - we can have a chat and decide how to proceed.
* My clients typically come from the following areas in London: Bank, Monument, Liverpool Street, London Bridge, Borough, City of London, Canary Wharf, Tower Bridge, Waterloo, West End, Covent Garden, Holborn, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Bloomsbury, Oxford Circus, Marylebone, Soho.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, from the Psychosynthesis Trust, in London. The post graduation is validated by Middlesex University and accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I am also a facilitator in Systemic Constellations, trained at The Centre for Systemic Constellations (The CSC), in London. Working systemically - group and family dynamics - has opened a new dimension, expanded and enriched my counselling work, as I see the individual as part of a much bigger picture.
In addition to my private practice, I am a teacher assistant in the Post Graduation Courses at the Psychosynthesis Trust, both 'Applications of Psychosynthesis' (Advanced Counselling Skills) and core Therapeutic training, such as 'Self Realisation and Psychological Disturbances'.
I am a registered member of the BACP, which sets the standards for the Counselling work in the UK, and I follow their Ethical Framework.
I attend many relevant courses, seminars and conferences throughout the year (national and international), have regular supervision and I am fully insured.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cultural differences
- Midlife crisis
- Life adjustment after becoming a parent
- Sports & physical challenges
- Body image
- Loss of meaning and purpose
- Career change
£95 per session.
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
Corporate rates available on request.
Occasional concessions available, please enquire.
I have my own private office in the City of London.
* City of London - Bank, Monument, Tower Hill
My practice is in the very centre of the City of London, only a few steps from Monument station, a few minutes walk from Bank Station, London Bridge, Tower Hill station.
You'll find a sense of retreat and peace, amidst the buzz and fast pace of the City. A moment to pause, reflect and recharge.
* Online Therapy
If you don't live in London, I can offer Online Sessions via Skype, FaceTime or VSee. We will agree on a convenient time for both of us and have regular weekly sessions. I can offer flexible appointments, agreed in advance. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
More articles by Adriana Gordon
- Why do I feel so sad and in a low mood for no reason?
- Everybody is talking about self-care - but what is it really all about?
- Don’t suffer alone, whatever you are going through. Why reaching out for help is so important.
- Why does separation hurt so much?
- The reality and life changes after having a baby
- ‘Midlife crisis’ can happen at any age. What to do if it hits you?
- Never feel guilty for having a break - the importance of going on holidays and truly switching off
- Bring intention to your life and see changes around you
- Why counselling can be so powerful and why I admire the ones who reach out for help.
- Do you feel stuck? What to do when you are frustrated and just want to give up
- Why can’t I find ‘mr or mrs right’?
- Why do I feel like I am a different person at different times?
- How to stop old repetitive behaviours and achieve real changes in life
- You are not your job. Start 2018 with a new perspective on life balance
- Are you tired of hearing ‘be the best’; ‘become a leader’; ‘be happy’; ‘you can do it’?
- Why do highly driven people get so burnt out? And is there a way out?