Adriana Gordon - London Private Counselling (PGDip, Reg MBACP)
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist in the City of London (Bank - Monument), helping clients to find more clarity, strength and confidence in themselves.
I offer a safe, confidential and welcoming space for you to explore the issues and challenges in your life. You will be able to talk about your difficulties and we can work together towards the changes you want to see happening.
You will feel understood, respected and valued; able to make decisions and choices that are meaningful to you.
The most common issues I can help you with are: anxiety, stress, relationship issues, depression, addiction, feeling sad, abuse, separation and divorce, grief, bereavement, postnatal depression, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, sexuality, midlife crisis.
Please contact me - via email or phone - we can have a chat and decide how to proceed.
* My clients typically come from the following areas in London: Bank, Monument, Liverpool Street, London Bridge, Borough, City of London, Canary Wharf, Tower Bridge, Waterloo, West End, Covent Garden, Holborn, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Bloomsbury, Oxford Circus, Marylebone, Soho.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, from the Psychosynthesis Trust, in London. The post graduation is validated by Middlesex University and accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I am also a facilitator in Systemic Constellations, trained at The Centre for Systemic Constellations (The CSC), in London. Working systemically - group and family dynamics - has opened a new dimension, expanded and enriched my counselling work, as I see the individual as part of a much bigger picture.
In addition to my private practice, I am a teacher assistant in the Post Graduation Courses at the Psychosynthesis Trust, both 'Applications of Psychosynthesis' (Advanced Counselling Skills) and core Therapeutic training, such as 'Self Realisation and Psychological Disturbances'.
I am a registered member of the BACP, which sets the standards for the Counselling work in the UK, and I follow their Ethical Framework.
I attend many relevant courses, seminars and conferences throughout the year (national and international), have regular supervision and I am fully insured.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cultural differences
- Midlife crisis
- Life adjustment after becoming a parent
- Sports & physical challenges
- Body image
- Loss of meaning and purpose
- Career change
Photos & videos
£95 per session.
Each session lasts 50 minutes.
Corporate rates available on request.
Occasional concessions available, please enquire.
- How can I feel less anxious and more assertive?
- We all need some space. It’s ok to be alone and do nothing sometimes.
- Why do I feel so sad and in a low mood for no reason?
- Everybody is talking about self-care - but what is it really all about?
- Don’t suffer alone, whatever you are going through. Why reaching out for help is so important.
- Why does separation hurt so much?
- The reality and life changes after having a baby
- ‘Midlife crisis’ can happen at any age. What to do if it hits you?
- Never feel guilty for having a break - the importance of going on holidays and truly switching off
- Bring intention to your life and see changes around you
- Why counselling can be so powerful and why I admire the ones who reach out for help.
- Do you feel stuck? What to do when you are frustrated and just want to give up
- Why can’t I find ‘mr or mrs right’?
- Why do I feel like I am a different person at different times?
- How to stop old repetitive behaviours and achieve real changes in life
- You are not your job. Start 2018 with a new perspective on life balance
- Are you tired of hearing ‘be the best’; ‘become a leader’; ‘be happy’; ‘you can do it’?
- Why do highly driven people get so burnt out? And is there a way out?
I have my own private office in the City of London.
* City of London - Bank, Monument, Tower Hill
My practice is in the very centre of the City of London, only a few steps from Monument station, a few minutes walk from Bank Station, London Bridge, Tower Hill station.
You'll find a sense of retreat and peace, amidst the buzz and fast pace of the City. A moment to pause, reflect and recharge.
* Online Therapy
If you don't live in London, I can offer Online Sessions via Skype, FaceTime or VSee. We will agree on a convenient time for both of us and have regular weekly sessions. I can offer flexible appointments, agreed in advance. Please contact me to discuss your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday - 9am to 7pm
Types of client