Vanessa Williams MBACP, Dip, BSc
Hi, my name is Vanessa, I am a qualified integrative counsellor. I offer counselling in Leeds in central locations. I am passionate about supporting others.
I work with children from 11 years old, young people, adults and couples who need help with a wide range of difficulties, needs, experiences and life stages.
Counselling can help overcome your painful experiences and feelings. I provide a confidential, warm, friendly space where you are listened to and what you say matters. My role is to help you make sense of your world so you can discover how to move forward in your life.
My own journey has been the driving force and motivation to assist individuals to remove barriers and overcome their difficulties. I would be privileged to share your journey, using my own mixed heritage experiences I work with diverse clients to celebrate who they are to assist the development of a positive identity.
If you are ready to take the next step please contact me here:
How I work
I offer an integrative approach because we are all unique individuals, I believe it is important that counselling techniques are tailored to your individual needs to assist growth and change.
What I want to offer you as your counsellor
• Space for your thoughts and feelings
• Unconditional positive regard
• Genuineness and trust
l will provide a safe, comfortable, confidential environment to listen and accept what you know and feel without judgement that values your feelings, views and difficulties. I will work at your pace and use approaches that are best suited to your needs and difficulties to assist you to understand your experiences, thoughts and feelings. Together we can work out what you need to do so you can make your own choices.
Counselling sessions can range from short–term to long-term according to your wishes and needs, I always work in your best interest.
The next step...
If you have any questions, or would like to book a no-obligation initial session so we can meet in person, please email or call me on 07948139840
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 6 BSc Degree - Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 (HE) Diploma in the Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts
Qualifications and Training
- Person -Centred Experiential Therapy - Emotional Processing in Counselling for Depression
- Certificate In Working With Couples
- Gamcare Gambling Practitioner Training
- Certificate in Understanding Children's and Young People's Mental Health
- Safeguarding Concerns
- Information Handling
- Professional Resilience Training
- Kirklees College Safeguarding Essentials
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy Proficiency Qualification
- Pre-Trial Therapy Training
- Kirklees Safeguarding Children’s Board An Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board, Child Sexual Exploitation
- Kirklees Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre Training
- Kirklees College Transgender Workshop
- Kirklees College Coaching Workshop
- Kirklees Council Drugs and Alcohol Training
I graduated from Leeds Beckett University gaining a Level 6 BSc Degree in Therapeutic Counselling. I'm a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). This means that I am bound and adhere to the BACP's ethical framework for good practice to work safely and in the best interest of all clients.
I support clients with many difficulties. I am experienced in therapeutic work in sexual and domestic abuse with survivors in a West Yorkshire specialised sexual and domestic abuse counselling service and addictions work. Experienced in counselling children 11 plus and young people in a school counselling and well-being service. Enhanced DBS Certificate.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Counselling sessions last 50 minutes and cost £40 they can be booked in block sessions or we can discuss your circumstances to find the best way of working for you.
Reduced rate for students, trainee counsellors and clients on a low income/benefits, upon receipt of relevant documentation.
Please email or call me on 07948139840 to set up your initial no-obligation session.
I am currently available:
*Flexible appointments can also be arranged to suit you.
Throughout my counselling training and career, I have supported diverse individuals and clients to change and move forward. Clients have made positive evaluations of my practice and commented:
“Your help has changed my life”.
“Thank you for listening and understanding - it makes sense”.
“Vanessa has guided me to see the strength in me”.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible offering both weekday and weekend appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|