Life presents a multitude of events, challenges and obstacles, that at times can be difficult to surmount.
Each person meets these with different perspectives and emotions; these differences are part of what makes us human.
Another vital part of being human is the need for connection and to share what we are experiencing, to help make sense of our existence.
But if you're feeling overwhelmed and resources are depleted, it can be hard to find space to reflect and find a way through.
I aim to offer a compassionate, safe and nonjudgemental environment, where you are free to explore what’s important to you.
Together we will work collaboratively, and mindfully uncover the values and beliefs influencing your responses to concerns which may be arising.
My work is grounded in a person centred approach, which acknowledges your intrinsic capacity for growth and is informed by my long standing practices of mindful and somatic embodied awareness.
With conscious attention, I use my body and discreet interoception - the sense that helps us understand and feel what's going on inside our bodies - to attune to your needs in our therapeutic relationship, and help you to determine the outcomes you desire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Yoga Teacher Training 200 hour with Toni Roberts - in progress
- Yoga & Somatics for Healing & Recovery with Charlotte Watts
- Existential Therapy and the Art of Living with Emmy van Deurzen
- Confer - The Traumatised Mother’s Inner World
- Love vs Trauma. The Frontiers of Healing Childhood Trauma. A Symposium
- Group Facilitation Skills - Macmillan
- Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy with Mick Cooper
- Person Centred Foundation Degree
- Are we really person centred? with Chris Molyneux
- Understanding Relationships with Relate & Macmillan
- Body Storylines with Maggie Turp
- Yoga for Menopause Support: Responding to the diversity of experiences of menopause with Uma Dinsmore Tulli
- On Feeding and Being Fed with Lunda Cundy
- Psychological Assessment Skills with Urtzi Cristobal
- CRUSE Bereavement Support
- NHS Breast Feeding Peer Support
- CPCAB Level 3 - Counselling Skills and Theory
- CPCAB Level 3 - Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 - Introduction to Counselling
I am experienced helping people meet their responses to:
- Loss, Grief, Anticipated Loss (pre-bereavement), Bereavement
- Separation, Divorce, Endings
- Relationships, Family and Attachment
- Pregnancy, Postnatal, Motherhood, PND, PTSD
- Anxiety, OCD, Depression, Trauma
- Eating Disorders - Relationships with Food
- Control Issues - Alcohol/Substances
- Body Dysmorphia, Body Awareness
- Self Esteem Issues, Lack of Confidence
- Loss of Productivity, Creativity and Blocks
- Work Related Stress, Changes and Choices
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In 2015 I co-founded UMEUS, a foundation supporting parents…
UMEUS offers mothers, fathers and carers a multifaceted approach to supporting their development in the world of parenthood.
Our UMEgroups offer community both online and in the physical world.
It’s one of the highlights of my week to facilitate our UMEmamas sessions at The Tree of Life Centre in Hove.My
UMEtalk is UMEUS’ counselling and psychotherapy service where working alongside a select and eclectic team is a privilege and a joy.
I manage our UMEtalk student counselling team where parents can gain access to Fair Rate Counselling.
It is our belief that talking therapies are not reserved for crisis, but can be employed to offer a chance to ease transitions through the major life changes that parenthood brings, and aid personal development that can impact the life of our children, our communities and society as a whole.
Photos & videos
I offer a free telephone consultation of up to 30 mins
My initial consultation fee is £25
This first session is usually 60-75 mins
My practice fees begin at £45 per therapeutic hour (50mins)
Please do enquire for concessions
Compassion, awareness, inclusivity, autonomy, intuition and non-judgement are values I apply to my therapeutic practice.
My approach is informed by psychological, existential, counselling, mindfulness and yogic philosophies.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I believe that mental health is as crucial as any other health care for this reason I work during the weekdays.
Evenings and weekends are occasionally available for regular clients.
Types of client