***** I began working online and via telephone early March 2020 and have supported clients throughout the pandemic. I also facilitate therapeutic support groups for mothers who've experienced birthing alone, restricted visits, traumatic birth, pregnancy complications, premature birth and neonatal illness. *****
Life presents a multitude of events, challenges and obstacles, that at times can be difficult to surmount. Each person meets these with different perspectives and emotions; these differences are part of what makes us human.
Another vital part of being human is the need for connection and to share what we are experiencing, to help make sense of our existence. But if you're feeling overwhelmed and resources are depleted, it can be hard to find space to reflect and find a way through.
I aim to offer a compassionate, safe and nonjudgemental environment, where you are free to explore what’s important to you. Together we will work collaboratively, and mindfully uncover the values and beliefs influencing your responses to concerns which may be arising.
My work is grounded in a person centred approach, which acknowledges your intrinsic capacity for growth and is informed by my long standing practices of mindful and somatic embodied awareness.
With conscious attention, I use my body and discreet interoception - the sense that helps us understand and feel what's going on inside our bodies - to attune to your needs in our therapeutic relationship, and help you to determine the outcomes you desire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Goals in Therapy: Actualising Our Deepest Directions - Mick Cooper
- In the Wake of Suicide - Institute of Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Violence: Overt and Covert (Suffocating the Psyche) - International Association for Forensic Psychotherapy
- The Science & Practice of Mindful Movement - Bo Forbes
- The Healing Power of Imagination in Impossible Situations: Working with Loss, Grief and Trauma with Creative Methods - Mooli Lahad
- The Science, Art, and Practice of Getting Good Sleep - Bo Forbes
- Transforming Grief, Loss, & Depression in a Rapidly Changing World - Bo Forbes
- Trauma Masterclass: The Art of Trauma Treatment" - Kathrin Stauffer, Miriam Taylor and Tony Buckley.
- COVID-19 and We: Mind, Brain, Embodiment, & Social Body - Bo Forbes
- The Science, Psychology, and Social Context of Body Image - Bo Forbes
- Yoga Teacher Training 200 hour with Toni Roberts - in progress
- Yoga & Somatics for Healing & Recovery - Charlotte Watts
- Existential Therapy and the Art of Living - Emmy van Deurzen
- The Traumatised Mother’s Inner World - Confer
- Love vs Trauma. The Frontiers of Healing Childhood Trauma. A Symposium
- Group Facilitation Skills - Macmillan
- Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Mick Cooper
- Person Centred Foundation Degree
- Are we really person centred? - Chris Molyneux
- Understanding Relationships with Relate & Macmillan
- Body Storylines - Maggie Turp
- Yoga for Menopause Support: Responding to the diversity of experiences of menopause - Uma Dinsmore Tulli
- On Feeding and Being Fed - Lunda Cundy
- Psychological Assessment Skills - Urtzi Cristobal
- CRUSE Bereavement Support
- NHS Breast Feeding Peer Support
- CPCAB Level 3 - Counselling Skills and Theory
- CPCAB Level 3 - Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 - Introduction to Counselling
I am experienced helping people meet their responses to:
- Loss, Grief, Anticipated Loss (pre-bereavement), Bereavement
- Separation, Divorce, Endings
- Relationships, Family and Attachment
- Pregnancy, Postnatal, Motherhood, PND, PTSD
- Anxiety, OCD, Depression, Trauma
- Eating Disorders - Relationships with Food
- Control Issues - Alcohol/Substances
- Body Dysmorphia, Body Awareness
- Self Esteem Issues, Lack of Confidence
- Loss of Productivity, Creativity and Blocks
- Work Related Stress, Changes and Choices
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In 2015 I co-founded UMEUS, a foundation supporting parents…
UMEUS offers mothers, fathers and carers a multifaceted approach to supporting their development in the world of parenthood.
Our UMEgroups offer community both online and in the physical world.
It’s one of the highlights of my week to facilitate our UMEmamas sessions at The Tree of Life Centre in Hove.My
UMEtalk is UMEUS’ counselling and psychotherapy service where working alongside a select and eclectic team is a privilege and a joy.
I manage our UMEtalk student counselling team where parents can gain access to Fair Rate Counselling.
It is our belief that talking therapies are not reserved for crisis, but can be employed to offer a chance to ease transitions through the major life changes that parenthood brings, and aid personal development that can impact the life of our children, our communities and society as a whole.
From £35.00 to £75.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free telephone consultation of up to 20 mins
My initial consultation fee is £35
This first session is usually 60-75 mins
My practice fees begin at £50 per therapeutic hour (50mins)
Please do enquire for concessions
I believe that mental health is as crucial as any other health care, so for this reason I work mainly during weekdays.
Evenings and weekends are occasionally available for regular clients.
Compassion, awareness, inclusivity, autonomy, intuition and non-judgement are values I apply to my therapeutic practice.
My approach is informed by psychological, existential, counselling, mindfulness and yogic philosophies.