Sue Watkins - Senior Accredited BACP
I have a business and health working background with rich and diverse experience having counselled individuals and couples from all walks of life and different cultural backgrounds. I offer a safe and respectful confidential setting where you can come and talk about yourself, your life and any concerns that may be causing you to feel fearful, scared, upset, shame, distressed, anxious or panicky.
I will explore your concerns with you and the possibilities of making meaningful choices and changes, to manage and improve your quality of life and feel more prepared when something is not working. As your counsellor, I will work through your issues with you and support you. I will not judge or make decisions for you. My personal approach to problem solving is also practical and solution focused.
My counselling and psychotherapy experience includes:
- National Health Service (NHS)
- Wallace Centre (now known as Maggie’s) cancer care and carer support
- Choices - adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse
- The Cogwheel Trust – emotional and psychological wellbeing
- Marriage Care – relationship support (couples and individuals)
- Sue Ryder – disabilities / bereavement support
- Bliss – for babies born too sick and too small
I have been working as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 2007 and have more than 3,000 hours of experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
Membership of Professional Associations: Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), Senior Accredited.
Member of ATSAC (Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity).
Member of COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists)
Professional qualifications: Diploma in Integrative Counselling (NCFE) Accredited course Certificate in Creative Art Therapy (PTUK) Accredited course Certificate in Relationship Counselling (Marriage care) (Accredited course) Certificate – understanding the effects of childhood abuse Teaching practice certificate (Accredited course)
Achievements: A member of a team that was awarded the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Award for Voluntary Service by Groups in the Community (2010).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
In addition to my professional qualifications I am currently undertaking additional training to develop my skills in working with sexual addiction and compulsivity. I am looking to work with individuals (male or female) for whom sexual compulsivity and porn addiction is affecting their personal lives, relationships, work or health and impacting on quality of life and causing difficulty in forming and maintaining relationships.
- I provide a safe and confidential environment.
- You will not be judged.
- Together we will talk through any difficult feelings you may have - such feelings may include: fear, guilt and shame (these feelings may be current and/or stem from your past). I will support you through your recovery and what it means to be free of your addiction.
My work will also include supporting partners who may experience intense emotional pain, shock and distress following the discovery of the behaviour, through their trauma. My focus is to support those wanting to make changes and choices for healthy relationships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|