Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
My practice is online and I offer sessions in Therapy/Counselling and Supervision.
Deciding to see a counsellor is an important decision, giving you an opportunity to step out of everyday life, reflect on events, and speak to a professional who can help you make sense out of what is going on. Perhaps you feel stuck - talking with friends just isn’t enough, or you are tired of living in a bubble, going through the same motions every day, detached from the world.
How can I help you?
I offer a confidential space where we can explore together your concerns and support you towards the changes you wish to make in your life.
My speciality is working with individuals looking for deeper meaning, abundance and possibility in their lives, perhaps questioning their behavioural patterns, identity, sexuality, culture, gender, and sense of belonging. I have worked with a diverse client base both in private practice and organisations since 2008.
- to build a therapeutic relationship with you based on honesty, trust and mutual respect.
- to give my undivided attention and fully listen to you without judgment, or advice giving.
- to help you to gain insight and clarity into the issues you bring and to hold the space for you
- to process whatever feelings come up.
- to support you to develop and strengthen your inner resources, giving you the tools and greater confidence to deal with uncertainty, conflict and situations that trigger you.
- to honour your unique individuality with full respect and care.
We would meet for an initial session to get a sense of whether therapy would be right for you, and to decide whether we would like to work together. You will most likely have questions for me, and we can consider how many sessions may be needed. There is no obligation for us to meet again after the initial session.
On-going sessions are usually on the same day, at the same time each week, or twice weekly. Each session lasts 50 minutes.
If you’d like to know more, or book a consultation, please click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
Areas of Experience:
- Stress / anxiety
- Relationships (with self, significant others, body/mind/soul, and how you are in the world)
- Psychosomatic conditions
- Life purpose, existential contemplation
- Erotic power play
- Questioning identity: sexuality, gender, race, in society, family
- Change / transition
- Habitual drinking and recreational drug use
- Soul expression / spirituality
- Consensual non monogamy
As an integrative therapist, (MA, MBACP), I encompass a range of perspectives and consider: patterns of thought / behaviour; childhood experiences; our creative ‘self’; the rhythm and tone of our relationship; and where you may be holding tension in your body. At the heart of my approach is how you relate: to yourself, to significant others, and to the world around you. I pay attention to your body / mind connection and believe when both are in harmony, greater awareness and compassion to your experience can be achieved.
Remaining open to new ideas and providing a consistently high standard of service is important to me and I attend regular training, workshops, seminars and conferences. The areas of my own Continual Personal Development (CPD) include body psychotherapy, mindfulness, CBT, identity, sexual diversity, trauma, and art therapy.
Qualifications & Membership:
- MA in Integrative Counselling @ London Metropolitan University, London
- Diploma in Humanistic and Psychodynamic Counselling Theory @ Goldsmiths University, London
- BA (Hons) Business Studies @ Westminster University, London
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - I adhere to their code of ethics
- Diploma (part 1) Supervision with Soul @ Re-Vision, London
- TQH & Institut de Qi Gong et Dhamma appliqué: Instructor Training: Medical Qi Gong (1000+ hrs direct teaching)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Initial consultation: £45
Therapy: £70 (50 minutes)
Supervision: £45 (per hour)
I believe therapy should be as widely accessible possible and offer a number of low-cost places. Please do enquire and we can discuss your circumstances.
- Online sessions
Since 2015, alongside working therapeutically, I have been undertaking intensive Medical Qi Gong instructor training, which is an ancient practice rooted in traditional Chinese medicine.
The practice can be described as a movement meditation where the breath, posture and movement techniques are learnt as a way of guiding the body back to its optimum state of being. If you wish, we can explore how you may be holding tension or stress in the body, and how your posture, and the way you move, may reflect certain behavioural patterns.