Sarah Pearce MBACP(Accred)
I offer a free 20 minute introduction session, where we can start to talk about what is troubling you and answer any questions you may have about the way I work, before deciding to start counselling.
I am an Accredited BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Counsellor with experience of working with a range of emotional difficulties, as well as personal development.
If you would like an introduction session, please contact me either by email, text or telephone. I check my messages regularly and will aim to get back to you as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Certificate in Substance Misuse
- Ascentis Cruse Bereavement Care: Awareness in Bereavement Foundation
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Accredited Registered Member of the BACP - Registration No.098208
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Sudden and Traumatic Death/Bereavement by Suicide
- Kenward Trust - Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- PODS - Working with Relational Trauma: Disorganised Attachment/DID
- Wealden Institute -Trauma and Recovery Foundation
- KCC - Safeguarding & Adult Protection Awareness
- Professor Julia Buckroyd - Understanding Your Eating/Narcissism
- Christiane Sanderson - Shame/Internal Protectors and Saboteurs/Trauma Toolbox
- The Psychopathology of Obesity and working with the Overweight Patient
- Understanding Bariatric Surgery
- Therapy Partners - Eating Disorders Seminar
- Kent Police - Connect 5 Training (Ways to work with mental wellbeing)
- Psychological Assessments/MDT Assessments
- Assessing People with Complex Mental Health Difficulties
- Facilitating Psycho-Educational Groups
- Let's Talk About Sex
- Psychological Wellbeing Training - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
I have also worked as a:
- Counsellor in a residential rehabilitation programme for men recovering from alcohol/substance misuse
- Consultant Counsellor and Psycho-Educational Group Facilitator for an NHS Tier 3 weight management provider. I have knowledge of weight loss surgery
- Bereavement Counsellor for Cruse Bereavement Care
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
50 minute counselling sessions: Individuals (18+) - £45