Sammi Nisbet Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy. MBACP & COSCA
I am a fully qualified and experienced person centred counsellor and psychotherapist.
I can offer you a confidential and safe space for you to explore and process your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes life is hard and can be a struggle. We may look fine on the outside but be hurting on the inside.
Counselling can help.
Distressing life events can make it difficult to cope. Depression, anxiety, low self esteem and general sadness can take hold of us. Talking to a counsellor can enable you to deal with your problems so that you can begin to find your own way forward.
I can help you work through these feelings.
I am available for consultation from my private practice which is located just outside Bankfoot in Waterloo. This space offers a peaceful location which is easily accessible from all areas of Perthshire and beyond.
10 minutes from Perth and 10 minutes from Dunkeld.
I am a member of BACP and COSCA and work to their code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma HE Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy from Perth College - University of the Highlands and Islands
- COSCA Diploma Counselling
- COSCA Certificate Counselling
- 1st year of the Psychodynamic Diploma in Counselling from The Garnethill Centre in Glasgow
- Rape Crisis Training from RASAC in Perth
- 4 years of working at Insight Counselling in Dundee
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have trained with Rape Crises Scotland and am able to help if there has been a rape or sexual assault. Any form of sexual violence is not acceptable and can be difficult to process. I am here to listen and help you work through your feelings. This also applies to child abuse that you may have experienced in your early years.
Our sessions will last 50 minutes and we would aim to meet up at the same time each week for as long as you need.
Sessions are £40 per therapeutic hour.
Please call, text or email to arrange a suitable time to meet.
I have professional indemnity insurance cover of £5,000,000
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday during the day and early evenings. Please contact me directly to organise a suitable time to meet.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|