Counselling With Sally Cook
Hi, my name is Sally. I am a qualified counsellor with a BSc (Hons) degree in therapeutic counselling, gained at Leeds Beckett's university. I am an integrative counsellor which means I incorporate different types of therapies to suit your needs in a person centred way. I am able to offer an environment which is empathic, cathartic and caring by creating a non judgmental, confidential safe space for you to share how you are feeling.
There are times in life when we can find it difficult to cope with our thoughts, feelings and emotions. When things are difficult to deal with or it all just gets too much you may need some one to talk to, to try and make sense of it all. I can offer you space and time to explore the issues that are having an impact on you. The therapeutic relationship between counsellor and client can enhance mental well being and induce change to alleviate the struggles that may effect your every day living.
Sometimes it is helpful to explore how and why you see the world the way you do, so you can look at ways to enable you to be able to cope differently and help you function in a way that is more beneficial for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications: gained from Leeds Beckett's University.
- Certificate of Higher Education Interpersonal and Counselling Skills.
- Diploma in Higher Education Therapeutic Counselling skills.
- Bachelor of Science with honours. Therapeutic Counselling.
As a counsellor I believe it's important to participate in continuing professional development. This is some of the most recent training I have been on.
- Bereavement training with St Michael's Hospice.
- Counselling with a family focus.
- Coping strategies awareness.
- Sand tray Therapy.
- Solution Focused Therapy.
- TA 101 Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- ASSIST (Applied Suicide Interventional sKills)
I have had several years experience of working with people who have been touched by Bereavement, grief and loss. Over the years I have worked with individuals who have struggled with anxiety, stress, depression and suicidal thoughts. As a counsellor I am passionate about creating a person centred environment that is accessible and adaptable for all.
As well as working in Private Practice as a Counsellor, I have over 30 years experience of supporting people with a learning disability in various multidisciplinary settings.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Registered Member 376149 MBACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Childhood bullying
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees are £45 an hour for a 55 minute session. Sliding scale considered depending on circumstance.
Payment by Bacs, cash or debit card will be requested prior to our sessions.
The Counselling Sessions:
- Counselling sessions usually take place at the same place and time every week or two.
- The first session will offer you the chance to see if counselling is right for you and to see if we wish to work together in the future. If we decide that we are right for each other, then we will look at a contract. The contract will include boundaries, fees, confidentiality, cancellation policies and complaint procedures. There will also be an assessment, this is to get to know you a little better and will include GP contact in case of emergencies.
Counselling can help with:
- Gaining confidence.
- Self Worth.
- Increasing Self-awareness. Understanding your feelings, thoughts and emotions.
- Alleviate feelings of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Enhancing self-esteem.
- Difficult relationships.
- Bereavement, grief and loss.
- Strategies for coping mechanisms.
For further information about Sally's counselling or if you have any questions about the way I work, you can contact me by email or for a telephone enquiry please contact 07396203355.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|