Julie Jeffs, Reg Psychotherapist & Couples Therapist
Waterloo Wellbeing Centre
191 Devonport Road
Crownhill Fort Road
01752 560002 / 07966 003872
Psychotherapy Plymouth has been operating from Waterloo Well-being Centre since 2009 and The Crownhill Fort since 2013.
During the past nineteen years I have provided individual counselling, core process psychotherapy, couples counselling, MBCT and family therapy to hundreds of people from all walks of life.
I am highly skilled, experienced and work to a strict code of ethics. I have completed a high standard of professional training, fully insured and registered with the UKCP.
I aim to help you understand the areas of your life that are causing difficulty, gain relief from present symptoms and develop resources to cope better in the future.
The benefits of professional counselling and psychotherapy are known to include stress reduction, stability in mood and general well-being, personal insight, greater clarity and self acceptance, inner fulfilment and relationships.
The Waterloo Well-Being Centre has modern facilities proving a compassionate setting to ensure your experience is supportive and therapeutic.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- BACP registered member
- Masters Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Intermediate course in family and systemic therapy
- Externship in Emotionally focused couples therapy
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Certificate in supervision
- Qualified mindfulness teacher to work with teens, adults and cancer related illness.
- EMDR Training (Level 1)
I believe that all human beings have the capacity to reach their full potential regardless of upbringing, the culture of origin, gender, age and any other aspect of diversity.
I have have many years experience working with people with a wide range of mental health problems and have learned how each individual is unique and how different people may benefit from different approaches to tackling their difficulties.
My professional development as a therapist, trainer and supervisor have been informed by these values and this is reflected in my choices for my own training, supervision, and development.
I have training in various modalities of therapeutic work including person-centred counselling, core process psychotherapy, CBT, family and systemic practice, emotionally focused couples therapy (EFT), pre- and perinatal psychology and professional supervisor with CSTD.
During my career, I have gained experience working with people with eating disorders, people with experiences of severe abuse in childhood, people with terminal illness and with students as a counsellor at the University of Plymouth. I work with individuals, couples and families, I offer both long-term therapy and shorter term therapy (for EAP programmes, for instance).
As a trainer, I have written and conducted counselling courses at diploma level and run courses in Mindfulness and Meditation. I am a qualified mindfulness teacher and part of the UK Teachers network for mindfulness-based teacher training organisations – click here
My early career was spent working as a manager for a large utility company, where I gained valuable business experience.
I am currently affiliated with BUPA, AXA PPP and Retail Trust.
Both my practices have been tastefully decorated, offer a sense of stillness, plenty of natural light and a warm welcome to clients.
Make an enquiry today and see how therapy can help you move forward in your life.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Photos & videos
- £55.00 for individual counselling and psychotherapy.
- £55.00 for supervision
- £75 for couples and family therapy.
- £75 for therapeutic business coaching
- Mindfulness sessions and courses available on request
- Thank you for helping to safe our marriage. I'm not sure we would have made it out of the dark tunnel with out your help. Mr and Mrs B.
- I wanted to say thank you. You have made a massive difference to my life and how I view my future. I have engaged with loss of hope, bereavement and death on a completely different level of consciousness which has been massively important to me and my wife.
- Your knowledge and skill have led me to some significant insights about my experience and emotional life. I know that your commitment to an ethical process will always benefit your clients first and foremost.
- I've learned how to experience and handle my emotions. I now feel better equipped to cope with the inevitable difficulties, losses and changes of life and death.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning and late sessions available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|