Julie Jeffs, Psychotherapist & EMDR Practitioner
During the past nineteen years I have provided individual counselling, core process psychotherapy, couples counselling, EMDR, MBCT and family therapy to hundreds of people from all walks of life.
I am highly skilled, experienced and work to a strict code of ethics. I have completed a high standard of professional training, fully insured and registered with the UKCP.
I aim to help you understand the areas of your life that are causing difficulty, gain relief from present symptoms and develop resources to cope better in the future.
The benefits of professional counselling and psychotherapy are known to include stress reduction, stability in mood and general well-being, personal insight, greater clarity and self acceptance, inner fulfilment and relationships.
ONLINE SESSION NOW AVAILABLE.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- BACP registered member
- Masters Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Intermediate course in family and systemic therapy
- Externship in Emotionally focused couples therapy
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Certificate in supervision
- Qualified mindfulness teacher to work with teens, adults and cancer related illness.
- Qualified EMDR Practitioner
- I believe that all human beings have the capacity to reach their full potential regardless of upbringing, the culture of origin, gender, age and any other aspect of diversity.
I have have many years experience working with people with a wide range of mental health problems and have learned how each individual is unique and how different people may benefit from different approaches to tackling their difficulties.
My professional development as a therapist, trainer and supervisor have been informed by these values and this is reflected in my choices for my own training, supervision, and development.
I have training in various modalities of therapeutic work including person-centred counselling, core process psychotherapy, CBT, family and systemic practice, emotionally focused couples therapy (EFT), pre- and perinatal psychology and professional supervisor with CSTD. I am also trained in EMDR.
During my career, I have gained experience working with people with eating disorders, people with experiences of severe abuse in childhood, people with terminal illness and with students as a counsellor at the University of Plymouth. I work with individuals, couples and families, I offer both long-term therapy and shorter term therapy (for EAP programmes, for instance).
As a trainer, I have written and conducted counselling courses at diploma level and run courses in Mindfulness and Meditation. I am a qualified mindfulness teacher and part of the UK Teachers network for mindfulness-based teacher training organisations – click here
My early career was spent working as a manager for a large utility company, where I gained valuable business experience.
I am currently affiliated with BUPA, AXA PPP and Retail Trust.
Both my practices have been tastefully decorated, offer a sense of stillness, plenty of natural light and a warm welcome to clients.
Make an enquiry today and see how therapy can help you move forward in your life.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in Eating Disorders
I am a registered practitioner with BUPA - see link below
Photos & videos
- £55.00 for individual counselling and psychotherapy.
- £55.00 for supervision
- £75 for couples and family therapy.
- £75 for therapeutic business coaching
- Mindfulness sessions and courses available on request
- I offer concessions for low income groups
- I offer concessions for key workers
- Thank you for helping to safe our marriage. I'm not sure we would have made it out of the dark tunnel with out your help. Mr and Mrs B.
- I wanted to say thank you. You have made a massive difference to my life and how I view my future. I have engaged with loss of hope, bereavement and death on a completely different level of consciousness which has been massively important to me and my wife.
- Your knowledge and skill have led me to some significant insights about my experience and emotional life. I know that your commitment to an ethical process will always benefit your clients first and foremost.
- I've learned how to experience and handle my emotions. I now feel better equipped to cope with the inevitable difficulties, losses and changes of life and death.
- I am writing as a parent having sought Julie’s help as we started to notice our daughter’s gradual decline into an eating disorder. My concerns were put aside by the GP as being an overly worried mother, I knew something was wrong. A friend of mine recommended we give Julie a call and thank goodness we did. Julie spent time listening to me with compassion and without judgement, which was so reassuring, and then working with our daughter, lead her into an understanding of what was happening for her. Julie listened to her and gently guided her, teaching her skills and helping her to find ways to tackle the disorder, that worked for her. Our daughter really engaged with Julie and therapy and we were so grateful when she finally turned a corner (ironically, just as she was diagnosed by NHS). I just can’t imagine if we had waited for the GP to acknowledge how bad things were before getting help- at the age of 14, our daughter was given help early which made her road to recovery much more manageable. Julie helped our girl find herself again, realising her own strength and self worth. Her journey with the eating disorder is not over yet but Julie’s early intervention, understanding and therapeutic skill has ensured that our daughter (and our family) will be ok.
We cannot thank you enough, Julie.”
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning and late sessions available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|