Paul Lipman - MBACP. Accred reg. - Individuals, Couples, & Group counselling.
01883345352 / 07843472163
Should you wish you can find out in more detail how I can help by going to my website (above) or from the information below my profile, including my areas of advanced training and experience.
Counselling for me is many things. Sometimes it's about coping strategies and supporting my clients through a tough time or loss, others want to change something about how they feel, think or behave, many are looking to be free of the past whilst some aren't sure exactly what they need,they just know they are struggling to be happy in their life or relationships. There really is nothing too small or too big to ask for help with.
You'll find I'm patient and calm by nature, have a compassionate and mature approach to helping, knowing how some things are really tough to talk about and whilst I will help you with ideas and tools to reduce symptoms and which can also speed up meaningful change between sessions, I won't come with ready made solutions or direct you. I have always seen my role as supporting and guiding my clients through counselling, enabling them to see for themselves and understand how their difficulties keep them stuck and with my help how to overcome them. My aim is always for my clients to be able to leave feeling confident in knowing how to maintain their well being long term.
What you get with me are real solutions, tailored help, experience with all kinds of emotional and psychological issues and despite knowing "my stuff" I don't let that get in the way of having a normal and genuine relationship between us. What I truly believe makes the difference though, is that I've lived with and worked through my own anxieties and difficulties in counselling.
I know how big a step just getting to this point can feel and the thought of starting counselling can be daunting. For me I only asked when I was exhausted from putting on a brave face and felt confused because I wasn't used to not being able to cope. I was equally scared about someone really seeing how I felt and knowing what I was thinking. I also had no idea what counselling was about. So I might have some idea about how you could be feeling right now.
Yet counselling proved to be a valuable life line, was life changing and nothing like I imagined it to be.
All my clients get the same care and committment which changed my life and if you would like to find out more about having counselling, have an initial discussion or ask me any questions before deciding if you wish to meet me, then please do call. I will make time for you.
An initial meeting is an informal discussion which gives you the opportunity to tell me about your difficulties, for me to explain how I can help and after which you can decide if you think counselling with me will be helpful for you.
Hotmail account holders: If you request contact by email and cannot see any reply please check your "junk" folder.
Some of the difficulties I'm regularly asked to help with:
- Relationships & Couples (further details on my website)
- Anxiety and anxiety linked difficulties such as: (inc. Fear, Obsessions, Phobias, Addiction.)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Personality disorders.
- Bareavment & Loss.
- Depression or Low mood.
- Low self esteem/ confidence.
- Anger, Difficult behaviors & over reactions.
- Adults who continue to be affected by their childhood. (including abuse)
- General lack of identity or direction and purpose.
- Self harming
- Coping strategies.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, on the professional standards authority, accredited register.
I gained my experience over the years from helping with all kinds of difficulties alongside my practice in those National counselling organisations I have been invited to assist. In the first five primarily focusing on those with extreme anxiety, depression, anger, working through a loss, addiction and those in difficult or abusive relationships and in the next I've e gained a broad and in-depth knowledge helping with all kinds of difficulties for other health care professionals such as counsellors, those in the NHS and in The Forces. as well as in my own practice.I have also continued with advanced training in a range of areas which include: couples, parenting, anxiety linked conditions, complex loss and PTSD and also run group days and workshops on various topics. .
- Academic Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- WPF Certificate in Psycho-dynamic counselling
- Child development and behaviors
- Relational Development and Personal Communication
- Trauma and recovery
- Person Centred, Transctional Analysis, Gestalt and Relational counselling.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Depression, anxiety, anger, self-harm, eating disorders, attachment disorders, loss and grief, phobias, panic, sexuality, abuse, self harm, obsessions, addiction, post traumatic stress, Bipolar and Asperger syndrome.
- Bereavement Counselling.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma. (PTSD)
Specialist training by Babette Rothschild, one of the worlds foremost leading experts and authors in treating Trauma and PTSD. This means I understand the Autonomic Nervous System which is vital in choosing safe approaches.
BACP Accredited - Couples , Relationships & Communication
See my website for full details..
Anger Programs/ Courses
I have run Police funded Anger management courses for a Southern based counselling organisation.
BACP Accredited - Creativity
Working with: Arts, imagery, visualization, role play, body language and mindfulness techniques.
Other (experiential training)
- Group Therapy / Psycho educational workshops
- Gestalt systemic and family constellation therapy.
- Gestalt experiential therapy
- Gestalt Group facilitation and coaching
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Group therapy and personal development
Starting September 2018 I shall be running a weekly counselling group in Banstead on a Friday evening for 90 minues - 7:45 -9:15pm.
Through the relationships you build in your group, you can heal, growv and come to better understand yourself and your pattern of behaviour when relating to others, enabling you to make links to your relationships in your wider world.
Although sometimes initially uncomfortable when talking in front of others you can benefit from; sharing and being with others who have similar difficulties and giving and receiving feedback, whilst having the opportunity to change and develop new ways.
Your group will consist of up to 6 and meet weekly and you will have an opportunity to meet me beforehand to ensure this approach will suit you.
If you think this might be right for you please feel free to contact me: 07843472163.
Fees. Each session costs between £28/40 based on a sliding scale of income.
Anger should be a healthy and useful feeling to let us know when something isn't OK for us and can also be a driving force for good change. Unfortunately for some feeling angry can be overwhelming and result in instantaneous extreme feelings and often harmful behaviors which seem impossible to control or change. The good news is that feeling angry is not the same as the behavour associated with it as angry reactions are symptoms and not the cause. They are the result of an underlying pattern of thinking or feeling both which can be addressed in therapy. Not just tools to cope but leading to lasting change.
Couples and Relationships
Talking with someone trained can really make a difference. Knowing yourself and your partner more deeply and combining this with new communication and listening skills can completely change how you experience each other and the nature of your relationship.
I come with the skills, experience and knowledge to help you work through whatever is difficult and find a way forward that is right for both of you. (Full details on my website)
Caterham (CR3) - Situated in a peaceful location 250 meters from Caterham main line station.
Hayes/ Bromley (BR2)
The Strawberry House Practice, which is situated 100 meters from Hayes main line station and gives you a modern and confidential space.
- Individuals - £55 / 60 minutes.
- Couples - £65/ 60 minutes.
Group Counselling (Friday evening 7:30 - 9:15pm)
- Friday evening 7:45 -9:15 , 100 minutes - £28/40 session based on affordability.
I am committed to providing effective and safe help and in achieving that I:
- Retain Professional indemnity insurance
- Abide by and go beyond the BACP Code of ethics
- Commit to ongoing professional development, keeping up with the latest advances and knowledge.
- Collaborate with other professionals if helpful, without breaking confidentiality
- Have professional clinical supervision to ensure I offer effective therapy and which is a BACP requirement.
- Never help outside my area of competence or experience.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer weekday appointments from 8:45am - 8:30pm last appointment and some weekend appointments..
Types of client