Dr Natasha Sharma - Chartered Clinical Psychologist & Life Coach
Do you have a particular issue support could help you with? Or perhaps you feel alone, confused, stuck, or overwhelmed? Life's challenges can lead us to experience difficulties and we may feel anxious, low in mood, stressed, and isolated.
Perhaps you want to make more of an impact, have intimate loving relationships, fully live your purpose, and experience more inner peace, and fulfilment. Yet you feel stuck and need support to bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
I provide a safe, supportive, confidential space to help us make sense of, and move beyond the difficulties you are experiencing. I understand that speaking to someone may feel daunting. Through my work I offer a thoughtful and valuing presence, combined with expertise and experience to help you experience greater wellness, and create what’s important to you.
My passion to alleviate suffering led me to embark on 8 years of training to become a Chartered Clinical Psychologist. I have worked with thousands of people from different backgrounds, and have extensive experience in evidence-based therapies including CBT, EMDR, Compassion Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, DBT informed therapy, and Psychodynamic approaches. My expertise lies in combining scientific approaches with intuition to create meaningful change.
My experience of being a senior clinician in the NHS, working in private hospitals, forensic settings, and running my own practice has enabled me to develop specialist knowledge and skills. I offer a compassionate holistic approach where together we enhance your psychological, emotional, spiritual and physical well-being.
If this speaks to you feel free to get in touch for a free consultation. Email: Drnatashasharma@hotmail.com
Areas of experience
Over the last 20 years I have worked with thousands of people who present with a range of difficulties. This experience combined with ongoing training has enabled me to develop specialist knowledge and skills in working with the following:
- Low mood and depression
- Work-related stress and burnout
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Relationship and Family issues
- Divorce and separation
- Bereavement and loss
- Work-related stress
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Abuse and trauma
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personal development
- Career Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Relationship Coaching
- Retirement Coaching
- Redundancy Coaching
- Work/life Balance
Training, qualifications & experience
- Chartered member of the British Psychological Society (CPsychol)
- Registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- Diploma in Health Psychology (PgDip)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BSc)
- Over 20 years extensive experience of providing brief and longer term psychotherapy within a variety of professional settings including the NHS and the private sector.
- Experience of working in NHS community mental health teams, specialist private hospitals, inpatient settings, and forensic services.
- Experience as a senior clinician in the NHS providing clinical leadership to multidisciplinary colleagues and supervision to trainee clinical psychologists.
- Extensive experience of undertaking highly specialist psychological assessments, developing and refining comprehensive formulations and providing individual and group interventions to adults who present with a range of psychological difficulties, risk, and complex needs.
- I continually attend training to enhance and develop my knowledge, skills and practice. I have attended specialist training in:
- Cognitive behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Compassion Focussed-Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Person-centred Therapy
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I would be happy to discuss your unique needs and how I may be able to help you.
Please feel free to contact me via email for further information.